Private Recording 3

SOUND: SLOW DRIP OF COFFEE MAKER. SPOON SCRAPING PAPER CUP. RUFFLE OF BLANKETS. SLURP THROUGH A STRAW. FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING.

OLLY

I was wondering when you would get up. Did you sleep okay?

JAX

Yeah, you look at the stuff?

OLLY

I scanned it, briefly.

JAX

So, you believe me?

OLLY

Not fully, but I have a friend, Sam. If you are right about this then he will know and confirm it.

JAX

No.

OLLY

He is not answering his phone, but I left him a message.

JAX

We do not need anyone else in this.

OLLY

His house is less than a mile in the same direction we are going in.

JAX

No. If you do not believe me, there's another journalist out there who will.

OLLY

You cannot leave.

JAX

And why not?

OLLY

We had a deal.

JAX

You take me where I want to go and I tell you everything, but the proof is where we're going.

OLLY

Where are we going? You still have not told me. All I have got is the address of an abandoned warehouse.

JAX

Isn't the abandon warehouse never abandoned warehouse in the movies.

OLLY

Enough of your riddles.

JAX

It is not a riddle. I am practically spelling it out the best I can without implicating you, in case they find us before we get there.

OLLY

Well, there is the problem. I am the adult, stop protecting me.

JAX

I am the expert, stop contradicting me.

OLLY

I am going to see this guy. You can come, or you can find your own way there.

JAX

...

OLLY

...

JAX

Fine.

OLLY

We lock and load in ten.