Chapter 5

All through the afternoon, the only thing Yotsuha could concentrate on, was the brief meeting she had experienced with the mysterious boy next door. Although her asperagers seemed like the more major problem at hand, she had already accepted the fact long ago. It was like she knew something was wrong before, just not her precise condition.

As Yotsuha continued replaying her awkward encounter inside her head, she remembered enough to recognise the uniform to be from the prestigious academy all the way up in the west side of the city. She couldn't recall his face, but nevertheless she had noticed something. His school was in the top ten ranking in Japan for their academic standards. Knowing that, Yotsuha knew it was a school she could never be a place at. Rumour had that only the top five percent of the exam nominees were allowed to attend.

Yotsuha glanced at the clock, having found ten minutes had already passed. Redness flushed her, as she realised she had used that much time daydreaming about a stranger. Determined not to daze again, she began revising her french. It was luckily, one of the subjects, she was good enough to be acknowledged at.

She writes. Elle écrit.
He writes. Il écrit.
She dances. Elle danse.
He dances. Il danse.

But her recriting was cut short from the sound of the doorbell ringing. Yotsuha got up and hurriedly ran over to the door. She peered through the key hole and heard her sister's voice calling out to her. Knowing who it was, Yotsuha opened the door.

Over the next apartment, Haruta was busy finishing his homework. Although it was the first day back at school, he was now a second year high school student, meaning more workload, especially since he attended one of the top schools in Japan. Academic results were everything in that school, so he had to study to keep up, even on the first day.

"Haruta!" Akane yelled bossily, "where is the remote to this stupid television!"

Sighing, Haruta closed his door. Whenever Fuyuki, his older brother went out to work extra shifts at the local convenient store, his sister would rage out her tomental attacks.

'She might have fooled everyone, but she hasn't fooled me' he thought, barricading the door to his room to prevent further noises of Akane. Really, he didn't understand how a cute toddler could had changed so much.

It was when he heard Fuyuki's footsteps downstairs in the kitchen did he come out. His brother greeted him with a worried look. He must have heard one of Akane's stories about him. Haruta didn't know why he believed her. Brushing it off he grabbed milk from the fridge. Fuyuki slapped him on the wrist.

"Don't drink it out of the cartoon," he warned.

"Fine, mom," Haruta groaned.

The mom was a joke. Whenever his parents went off on long business trips, which was very often, Fuyuki stepped up the role of a mother. But then again, Fuyuki was seven years older then him and had already started to attended college. So it was pretty natural for him to look after Haruta and Akane. Despite his protests of a babysitter, Haruta was glad Fuyuki was here. If he wasn't, he would've thrown Akane onto the streets five years ago.

The Takahashi family ate a dinner of slience and spaghetti with Fuyuki's eye glued onto his phone, Akane's eyes glued onto the television and Haruta's on his homework sheet. Ah, just another typical meal.

Back in the Miyamizu residence, Yotsuha and her sister were discussing their day upon dinner.

"So how was the first day of your high school?" Mitsuha asked.

"I made a friend, Akiyama Shira, she says she is American," Yotsuha replied. Over the last few years, Yotsuha had grown uncomfortable speaking to new people, Mitsuha was one of the few she was able to talk normally with.

Through the whole dinner, Yotsuha debated to tell Mitsuha about her asperagers, but decided to tell her later. Yotsuha didn't want to upset her sister especially when she was working so hard to afford living in the city and her education.

Later, Yotsuha went to bed, wondering how the others at school would take the news of her asperagers.
—-
Ann you're making poor Yotsuha sound like she's stalking the boy-