Chapter 11 {BONUS CHAPTER}

Akane had always been a strange child. Or at least that was what Haruta had always said, and he was always right. Only Haruta didn't know how strange she was.

Ever since she was young, Akane had been adored. Blessed with her family's good genes, she had always been at the top of the social hierarchy at her school. She had absent, rich parents that let her do whatever she wanted, a simpleton of an older brother named Fuyuki who doted on her, and on top of that, good looks and good grades.

Except..

Akane had always felt an inferiority to her other (and unfortunately better) brother. However good she was at something, Haruta was... just better. This infuriated her, no matter the jealous looks she got from the girls at school, or the gifts and respect she got from the boys, it was never enough.

Last year, she had run for student council and had successfully achieved the position of secretary. A week later, Haruta announced to the family that he had gotten the position of vice-president at his school council. No matter what she did, or how hard she tried, Haruta was unbeatable and just one step higher.

So, she tormented him.

Annoyed him, kicked him and even erased his homework answers one night. But Haruta always managed to get away with it. He wore earphones around the house to block her pestering, dodged her kicks despite her karate black belt, and even redid his homework on the way to school. Impossible!

She hated him.

She despised him.

She was ready to kill him...

Except now she was on his bed taking his temperature (reluctantly) under the orders of Fuyuki. And she couldn't deny his request when it meant losing her only ally against Haruta in her household of three. Although Fuyuki would never admit his favouritism towards her, Akane was pretty sure that Fuyuki liked her better than the annoying Haruta.

Sighing, she dampened the wet cloth again and placed it evenly onto Haruta's head.Haruta had been sick for two days already, and he had been acting strange recently. If only he was back in his normal senses, he would be ballistic about missing school.

An evil thought niggled inside her brain. If Haruta didn't go to school, he couldn't study, then his ranking would fail, then, finally, she would be better than him! She started laughing hysterically, then stopped as Haruta started to mumble something. She couldn't let him find out about her master plan.

But deep inside, Akane knew that her master plan would never work.

All of her master plans had never worked, and the triumphant and stupid Haruta would emerge victorious against her in battle once more. And Haruta had never once dropped from his high ranking in his competitive school, and she was pretty sure that he would
get scouted by some top architecture company as an architect once he graduated.

"Mitsuha?" A sudden response from Haruta startled her back to earth.

"Huh?" She asked. Who on earth is this Mitsuha? His new girlfriend? In that case, Akane wanted to know all the details, so she could annoy Haruta further. "Who is Mitsuha?" She asked the groggily awakening boy.

Haruta opened his eyes and jumped as if he was alarmed. This just confirmed her thoughts.

"Uh-huh, no-one." He replied.

Suspicious...

Suspicious indeed...

Akane made a mental note to investigate this further later.
"You're awake," she stated to him.