Chapter 13

Owen's Pov

Monday morning I went with Mike and his Mother to court. I saw that Bryson and his friends were there too. Mr. and Mrs. Jones had pressed charges; that Kyle had damaged their property. They knew that Kyle was drunk at the time; Kyle didn't remember that night.

Mike's mother had made a deal with the Jones; that Kyle will go to rehab and pay the property damages he had done if they don't put him in jail. The Jones agreed to it, but they wanted to go to court anyway.

The Judge had sentenced Kyle on; a year probation and three months in rehab and had to pay $1,500 to the Jones. If Kyle does not do what the Judge says; then Kyle would go to jail for five months up to two years and with paying fines of $5,000.

Now we are on the road to Willow Creek Town,"I've seen two apartments building that has two bedrooms for rent. The first one is in the center of the Town, the other is about 20miles away from the new work site," Mike said. "Mike? What about Kyle, you left without a word to him or your mother," I said. "Owen," Mike took a deep breath. "I did talk to Kyle on Saturday morning; you went home to pack. I told Kyle that I'm with mom on taking him into rehab. Kyle was sober and don't know why he was in jail the first place. He told me that Jenna had broken up with him and he was pissed about, get drunk," Mike said. "So, Kyle blame Bryson for the broke up too; with Jenna and him?" I asked. Mike don't say a word to me; he just drove without answering me.

"Mike, talk to me; what is the matter? What are you not telling me; your best friend?"

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Mike's Pov

I went to see Kyle in Jail; He just finished taking to his Lawyer Mr. Brown about the deal with Mom and the Jones. Kyle was not sober to talk to me; he looked pale and his eyes were bloodshot. He looked up at me," You don't bail me out of here? For two days I've been here and now I'm going to Court on Monday," Kyle said. I sat down in the chair beside him," Ky, mom decides not to bail you out anymore; you did damage to your friend's place, you know that Bryson was there too?" I said.

Kyle's eyes went big as I said Bryson's name," dd-did I hurt him or our.... his baby?" My heart skipped a beat," Kyle what do you mean by ours? Owen is the only person who slept with Bryson.....got him pregnant," I said. Kyle looked into my eyes with tears in his; Owen is not the only one. I was after he left Bry; I saw them talking about Bry thinking he was gay. Then Owen lean and kissed Bry; they made out for a half hour before they went to that room," Kyle said. "Why?" I asked. "Cause I'm in love with Bryson; my best friend, even if I had a girlfriend I loved him more, for years I wanted Him. Owen had to be there first; I wanted to be his first but I was second, but he had said my name," Kyle said. "You raped Bryson?"

"No, I don't, Mike; well I don't meat too, I was just pissed that Bryson could choose Owen over Me. That baby is mine; not Owen's," Kyle said. I was shocked to hear what he told; that he raped his best friend, cause he was in love with Him. I knew he wouldn't remember this conversation; good thing that the Lawyer had left the room before he told me.

How could I tell them; Mom, the Maxwells; Owen that he may not be the father of Bryson's baby. What to do? I told Owen not to be a coward; I'm being the coward now.