Chapter 13

Ever since the day Ava gave me that baby grow, I've been craving peanuts, so much so that I decided to call my bump peanut so that I actually have a name to refer to when talking about the baby.

Brendon and Pete have been spending more time with me and Ava so all of them know that I've called my bump peanut and they even refer to it as that too.

I have my first scan today and Brendon said he wanted to be there. He wasn't lying when he told me he wanted to be involved with the baby.

"Are you sure I can't come? I need to make sure my little niece or nephew is okay and has a healthy heart beat." Ava said.

"I don't think you're allowed to be there, but I don't know. I can just tell you what happened after." I replied.

"Okay, well I've got to go now, be careful." She told me.

"I will." I replied, ending the call.

Soon after, I got a text from Brendon.

'Outside. I'm down the street a little because there's a few cars outside your house.'

I picked up my bag and put my shoes on, making sure I had put my phone and keys in my bag before walking downstairs and shouting out "I'm going out, be back soon."

I got no reply, but I didn't think I would this early on a Saturday anyway. It was one of the two days my parents got off work so they always made the most of it by sleeping until at least 12pm. It was only 10 at the moment so they would still be asleep.

I shut the door behind me and locked it before walking down the road towards the car I knew all too well.

"Hey, are you nervous?" Brendon asked me.

"A little bit, what about you?" I asked.

"Maybe a tiny part of me is nervous." He replied.

"It'll be fine." I said. "I hope." I muttered under my breath.

"Okay, lets just think positive, it's gonna be alright. You're doing everything you're supposed to, right?" He asked.

"I don't know, because today is the first scan, so I won't find out any information until today. I was too nervous to google anything because people always say 'never google your symptoms'" I replied.

"But you're not ill, I think they only mean that when you google symptoms for illnesses. There's probably parenting websites that could tell you step by step what to do." He told me.

"Why don't you look it up then." I asked, with my eyebrows raised and my arms crossed.

***

We were sat in the waiting room, looking at our surroundings. I could feel my leg bouncing up and down from nervousness, and I could see Brendon playing with his fingers from the corner of my eye.

"Have you got any paper?" I heard him ask me quietly.

"No, why?" I asked.

"I'll ask the receptionist." He told me, before standing up and walking over towards the middle aged woman who looked like she was too busy to look at him.

He soon returned with a piece of A4 paper. "What are you gonna do with it?" I asked.

"Roll it up." He simply replied. I gave him a questioning look and he continued to explain why. "When I'm nervous, I roll paper up, because it helps me to think, or in this case, clear my mind. I usually do it without realising, but I didn't have any paper and I felt the need to get some." He looked slightly embarrassed as his eyes looked back at the paper as he started to tear little bits off and roll them between his fingers.

"If that's what helps you get through this, then I'm not gonna make fun of you." I told him, smiling as he looked up at me and smiled back.

"Thanks, I know it probably doesn't seem like it, but it really means a lot. My family usually complain about it, because they constantly find rolled up paper in the most random places." He laughed slightly.

"I wouldn't have known that if it wasn't for Peanut." I said, smiling down at my lap. "Actually, I wouldn't have known a lot of things about you if it wasn't for Peanut."

"Oh yeah, like what?" He asked.

"I wouldn't have known that under the bad guy facade, you're actually a really nice person and I'm glad to have you in my life."

"Miss Saunders?" A nurse called out, cutting our conversation short.

"Here." I replied, standing up and walking towards him with Brendon behind me. "Right this way."

He took us to a room which had the midwife that would be helping me through the pregnancy.

"Hello, it's very nice to meet you, my names Kate Brown and I will be your midwife for the next 8 months. Now, I know you're Amelia Saunders, but who's this?" She asked, gesturing to Brendon.

"Brendon Urie, her boyfriend and father of the baby." He answered, shaking her hand, before I could answer her question. I raised my eyebrows at him, but he just shook it off and sat down in a chair.

"Could you just hop up here for me while I ask you some questions and then we can start the scan." She told me, pointing towards a bed. One I was sitting on it, she started her interrogation.

"How long have you known about your pregnancy?" She asked.

"About...a week, maybe 2." I answered.

"Okay, have you had many cravings, or morning sickness?"

"Yeah, both. I started getting morning sickness on the day I found out, my friend was staying over and realised before I did, so she went to get me a few tests without telling me. I've also been craving peanuts." I replied.

She asked me a few more questions and then told me to lie back in the bed before she made it a bit higher and lifted the top part of the bed up so I could be sitting up slightly.

"Could you lift your shirt up so I can put this gel on your stomach?" She asked. I did as she said and she warned me it would be cold before putting it on.

She used a small device that was connected to a machine to spread the gel around. Soon a black and while image popped up on the screen.

"Look." She said, pointing to the screen. "This is your baby, it might look like a blob right now, but soon it will be big enough to see it clear enough. At the moment your baby is about the size of a peanut."

As soon as she said the last sentence mine and Brendon's eyes shot towards each other as we started laughing.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"I think it was meant to be." I said. "Because I have been having so much peanut cravings, we decided to name my bump Peanut."

We carried on with the scan and got 3 pictures of it. One for me, one for Brendon and one for Ava because she insisted we get one for her.

Once we were sitting in the car again, I turned to Brendon. "What was that about?"

"What was what about?" He asked.

"You introduced yourself as my boyfriend." I replied.

"Oh Yeah, because I didn't think it would be good to introduce myself as you sort of friend who you had a one night stand with. You never know, she might have disapproved of us otherwise." He told me.

"Ok Fine, Whatever. But it's not true though, so don't go around telling everyone." I said.

"It's not true yet." I heard him whisper. He probably thought I didn't hear, but I did.