The Quran, the Bible and the Islamic Dilemma

In Surah 29:46, the Quran commands Muslims to say to Christians “We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender.” Yet many Muslims say something different to Christians. They say “we don’t believe in your book because it has been corrupted. Your god is a false god.” If Muslims are commanded to say they believe in what has been revealed to us, why then do they instead say they don’t believe in the bible, the only revelation we have. And if Muslims are commanded to say our god and their god is one, why do they instead say, our god is a false god. According to the Bible God is a Trinity- Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-20), One in nature or essence but three in persons, Father son and hoy sprit. The son entered creation as Jesus (John 1:1-14) Jesus died on the cross for sins( Mark 10:32-34, 45) and Jesus rose from the dead(Luke 24). The Quran denies all of these so a Muslim can’t say he believes in the Bible or Allah and the God of the Bible are the same God. The Muslim has to reject the Bible because the Bible contradicts the Quran. Muslims have a problem here because the Quran declares the Torah and Gospels were revealed by Allah Surah 3:3-4 “He hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture with truth, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, even as He revealed the Torah and the Gospel. Aforetime, for a guidance to mankind; and hath revealed the Criterion of right and wrong. Lo! those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom. Allah is Mighty, Able to Requite (the wrong).” So Allah revealed the Torah and the Gospel as a guidance but our Muslim friends tell us that Allah can’t protect the Torah and the gospel because they were corrupted by man. What Allah sent to guide people ended up misguiding people convincing Christians that God is a Trinity and Jesus died on the cross for sins. Of course we should be puzzled when the Muslims tell us the Torah and gospels are changed because the Quran states that no one can change Allah’s words. “And recite that which hath been revealed unto thee of the Scripture of thy Lord. There is none who can change His words, and thou wilt find no refuge beside Him.” Surah 18:27. Here our Muslim friends might say, “this verse only means no one can change the Quran” but doesn’t say no one can change the Quran, the verse says no one can change Allah’s words and the Torah and the gospels according to the Quran are Allah’s words. Despite Allah’s clear declaration the no one can change his words, many Muslims assert that the gospels were corrupted by the apostle Paul and or by later Christians. If the gospel is corrupted then we can only wonder why the Quran says Christians still had the gospel during the time of Mohammed. Surah 7:157, “Those who follow the messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them. He will enjoin on them that which is right and forbid them that which is wrong. He will make lawful for them all good things and prohibit for them only the foul; and he will relieve them of their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. Then those who believe in him, and honour him, and help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful” How could Christians find Mohammed mentioned in their gospel if the gospel was supposedly corrupted centuries earlier. Does Allah say we find Mohammed mentioned in our corrupted scriptures. But we don’t find Mohammed mentioned at all except general warnings about false prophets who will come to lead people away from the gospel and if we find Mohammed mentioned in our scriptures, how would we know it isn’t one of the corrupted verses. Since our scriptures contradict Islam, why would Allah appeal to them as evidence for Islam? But Allah goes much further than this he commands Christians to judge by their gospel “Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed theirein if they fail to judge by what Allah has revealed therein they are no better then rebels.” Surah 5:47. Why does Allah command us to judge by a corrupt book? The only gospel we have contradicts Islam so in order to obey Allah’s command, we will have to judge by the gospel and conclude that Islam is false. Allah continues in these same lines in Surah 5:58 “Say: "O People of the Book! ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord."  It is the revelation that cometh to thee from thy Lord, that increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.  But sorrow thou not over (these) people without Faith.”  Why would Allah tell us that we have no grounds to stand upon than to stand on a corrupt book? If the Gospel had been corrupted won’t Allah tell us to get rid of it and believe in the Quran. So the Quran clearly maintains that the gospel is authoritative for Christians and it only makes sense if the author of the Quran believes that Christians have the Word of God. But the gospel wasn’t just authoritative for Christians, it was also authoritative for Mohammed himself and therefore, for Muslims. One day Mohammed started having doubts about his revelation. In response to his doubts, Allah commanded him to go to the people of the book, Jews and Christians, for confirmation in Surah 10:94 “So if you (O Muhammad SAW) are in doubt concerning that which We have revealed unto you, then ask those who are reading the Book [the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] before you. Verily, the truth has come to you from your Lord. So be not of those who doubt (it)” Muslims today acts as if the Quran stands in judgment over the Bible. Since the Bible contradict the Quran then the Bible must be rejected. But then in the Quran it is opposite. The Bible stands in judgment over the Quran and Mohammed himself confirms his revelation checking to see if they line up with the scriptures of the people of the book. Since Mohammed continued preaching Islam, he apparently didn’t take this test very seriously. If he had gone to the people of the book to search for confirmation he would have been forced to reject the Quran. The Quran puts Muslims in a dilemma, either Christians have the inspired, preserved, authoritative, Word of God or we don’t. If we have the inspired, preserved authoritative, Word of God, Islam is false because Islam contradicts what we have. If we don’t have the inspired, preserved, authoritative Word of God, Islam is false because the Quran affirms the inspiration, preservation and authority of our book. So if the gospel is the Word of God Islam is false and if the gospel isn’t the word of god Islam is false. Either way Islam is false. By affirming scriptures that contradicts its core teachings, Islam self-destruct. Those who don’t want to believe in a religion which self-destructs therefore need to find a new religion. Let’s encourage our Muslim friends to obey the Gospel as both of our religion commands.
By Dr. David Wood

Available On Amazon