4.- Bottle Blonde

Chapter 4: Bottle Blonde.

Ethan

I was scrolling down her Instagram profile. It had been months since she uploaded any new pictures, or been active on any type of social media. I had no idea how she was doing, if she had someone new or not.

Emma had always been the type to forget about social media. She didn't care about followers, she didn't care about popularity. Which was weird, because socially awkward people tend to use the internet as a way to escape, which was the reason why Gray and I started using vine.

Emma was different, I had never met a girl like her. I had never met someone so nice, but so shy. I had never met someone so cute but deadly when mad. Her angry stare could kill anybody, they were scary. But whenever she smiled or looked away in embarrasment, you immediately fall in love. She wasn't perfect to the world, but she was to me, she was my world.

And now it's gone.

"Dude... It's been months." Gray set down a plate of food. "Come on, you need to stop stalking her."

I sat up straight. "Maybe she changed accounts?"

"No. Ethan just stop." Gray repeated himself for the hundredth time, ripping my phone out of my hands. "This is unhealthy. Just get over her."

I sighed. Grayson was probably right, I couldn't spend my whole life worrying about Emma. But I couldn't stop, I loved her so much and I made such a huge mistake. I wanted to talk to her again, tell her how sorry I was. I was even willing to write a long paragraph about how she was my world, and I hated having to do that.

"I'm an idiot, Gray." I sighed.

Grayson mumbled something under his breath. I couldn't hear, but then he repeated it out loud.

"Yeah, you are. How could you make out with Meredith? You said you loved Emma, but did you even care about her? Was she just a fuck-and-go?"

I passed my hand through my hair. "I don't know. It happened so quickly man. She just got on me, I don't know why I didn't do anything. I had that moment where I wasn't conscious of my actions. All I know is that I need Emma, not just for sex."

Grayson turned around, saying nothing. What was there to say? What I did was unforgivable, those who tried to comfort me were horrible people, there was no excuse for what I did. Only the harsh truth. It was hard knowing that the love of your life wasn't there with you, and that she hated you.

"Maybe..." Grayson began. "Maybe we should go shopping today. Lets get you some new clothes, a new skateboard... Maybe some new colored highlights?"

I looked up at Grayson. While I was dating Emma, I did want to get new colored highlights since mine faded away weeks ago. My skateboard was fine though.

"Okay, maybe I do need a haircut." I passed a hand through my hair, which was extremely long. I hadn't cut my hair in weeks.

"And to shave." Grayson added.

I passed my hand down to my chin, that had grown a lot hair lately. My eyes widened. "Jesus."

Gray grabbed the keys off the counter and looked back at me. A grin appeared on his face and he played with them. "So, are we going or not?"

I smiled back at him.

Emma

I looked back at the reflection in the mirror, that girl was staring back at me. Then, it hit me, that girl was me. I looked completely different, I didn't even look like me. No words came out of my mouth, I had a knot.