04

04
H A N G O V E R S
&
B R E A K F A S T

04H A N G O V E R S & B R E A K F A S T

- - -

PARK Mirae groaned in pain, she sat up in bed holding her pulsating head as she patted around searching for her phone to silence her alarm. The screeching sound soon came to halt and she slumped back down into her silk sheets relief staring up at her the white ceiling trying recall what exactly happened last night. The last moment her memory allows her to remember was someone saying goodnight to her and she was left on her balcony looking at the stars.

She sighed and let her fingertips play with the ruffles of her now very creased up dress before pushing herself up and letting her feet dangle off the side of the bed. She let her feet touch the cold floor board and rose up slowly and as the room spun around she lost balance falling straight into her bedside table knocking down a photo frame. She caught herself barely bracing her hands onto the wood surface breathing heavily before picking up the now smashed photo frame.

Of course, it was a picture of her with her mother and father standing either side of her smiling proudly, trapping her with the locking of there hands braced behind her back. Mirae tossed the frame onto the bed without a second thought and seconds later her phone which somehow landed on the floor rang.

She swooped down grabbing her phone and pinched the bridge of her nose as she answered the call.

"Yes Woosung I'm well aware class starts in 30 minutes and yes I'll be down in 15." She didn't give him a chance to speak as she ended the call. She was already heading to the bathroom to get ready but if she could she happily would have thrown the covers over her head and slept for a day.

~

"Miss Park, good morning." Woosung greeted her as she held the car door open.

"My god stop looking so tense and loosen up. I wouldn't tell my parents if we ran late anyway!" She patted his shoulder with a smile before settling into the car.

As the car drove down the streets Mirae stared at outside the window looking at how the sun glistened and sparkled down upon the streets, how people happily smiled and ate ice cream in the blissfully hot weather they were having. She braced her chin on her hands tilting her head as she saw people around her age run down the streets throwing water at each other and laughing.

She'd never done that.

She'd never been able to carelessly just enjoy life.

To be a normal nineteen year old girl who didn't have to worry about constantly maintaining her image.

As Mirae was lost in her thoughts, Woosung drove straight passed her university leaving her in confusion.

"Uh Woosung you do know that you just passed the building?" She asked feeling slightly uneasy.