02

02
F I N E W I N E

"I'm drunk with youI'm drunk with this nightIn the memories of you being cruelI'm wandering through those memories, looking for youI just wanna forget

"I'm drunk with you
I'm drunk with this night
In the memories of you being cruel
I'm wandering through those memories, looking for you
I just wanna forget."

~Suran Ft Changmo
If I Get Drunk Today

- - -

PARK Mirae sighed for the umpteenth at the dining table she was sat at on. It was a warm summers evening yet she had found herself forced along to another dinner party. She was barely paying attention to the conversations across the table only jolting at the occasional over exaggerated laughter.

'Fake people...' She silently thought rolling her eyes slightly. Her hands moved toward the glass of red wine tracing the rim of the glass that was stained with her deep red lipstick.

It was enough to say that Mirae was bored.

Mirae eyes slowly lifted upon having the strange feeling that eyes were burning into her. Of course, it was no other than her mother. She was glaring at the girl who was poorly executing herself this evening.

Mirae had her elbows braced on the white silky cloth, slumped posture with no proudness and finally, she had that god damn red wine in her fingertips.

Seeing the fury within her mother's eyes that sternly said 'fix yourself,' Mirae straightened her back removed her elbows from the table but not without lifting the glass of red liquid towards her mother before smugly finishing it within one gulp.

She licked her lips in satisfaction basking in the look of shock that flash across her mothers face for a mere second.

"If I may be excused." Mirae politely stood up bowing before leaving the table taking her empty glass with her to top up.

She glided gracefully across the floor, back straight, shoulders back and chin up. She did not want to what she would call 'fan the flames of her mothers fury' any more than she just did.

Mirae took no notice of her mother not until she grabbed her wrist firmly with a smile plastered on her face.

Looks deceiving the words that she hissed at Mirae.

"Sort the attitude girl, you are making your father look bad!"

"Yes Mother." She simply said back she was particularly used to this constant phrase along with 'no mother.'

"Good we'll talk about this later, for now go and find ChangWoo."

The black haired woman flicked her head in the left direction letting Mirae's wrist who walked away, smile practically copy and pasted to her face.