06

06
A S  Y O U N G  A S  W E  A R E  N O W

"To be old and wise, you first have to be young and stupid

"To be old and wise, you first have to be young and stupid."

- Anonymous

- - -

THE two of them walked silently in the rain. Mirae's shoulders were hunched as she wrapped her arms around her frame. Taehyung has his hands stuffed inside his pockets trying to ignore the fact with every step he was taking his jeans would shift and stick to his skin.

It didn't help that it was humid so the rain was giving off a horrible damp smell that made Taehyung scrunch his nose. He began to walk faster getting irritated by Mirae's slow pace that he tried to force himself to keep at.

"Can you not walk any faster?" He hissed.

Mirae looked up, "Well I'm sorry but we wouldn't be in this situation if you hadn't ran so god damn far..."

Taehyung scoffed, "So it's my fault for making sure we didn't get caught?"

Mirae's lips parted ready for another snarky comment when she realised she had none. Taehyung saved her from a one way trip to Europe and a possible criminal record. So she clamped her lips shut and walked a little faster.

The two of them walked yet again in silence underneath the rain, shoulders hunching and clothes squishing. Mirae stopped for moment looking up to the cloudy sky with a sigh as she let the rain fall on her face. She thought of Changwoo his face of disgust when he saw her stumbling this morning.

Taehyung realised the loss of the small girl's presence behind him. He groaned ready to drag the girl by the wrist again if he needed to. As he turned around he stopped short seeing her stand in the rain looking lost as ever, wearing the exact same expression he saw last night.

He sighed, eyes softening slightly before there eyes. Mirae shook her head looking down as she trudged towards the boy without a word. Taehyung kept glancing back at the girl who had her arms folded across her chest clearly covering the now see through shirt she was wearing from his eyes, not that he was looking anyway. She shivered tightening her grip on her arms despite the humid weather she cold still end up with a summer cold.

"Hey." Taehyung spoke up. "How about with stop for shelter seeing as this rain isn't letting up."

Mirae looked up at Taehyung who was pointing at the shelter he spotted a short distance away.

"I thought you wanted to to walk faster?" she said.

"I don't think you can get any faster. Now let me be nice and let's get out of this fucking rain."

Mirae complied and they two figures made there way under the plastic sheet shelter that was just about big enough to cover them both. There were a few leafy plants around them bathing in the much needed rain after the scorching sun they have had these past few weeks. She slumped down against the cold brick wall then shuffled around trying to find a comfortable position. Taehyung placed himself besides her leaning back against the wall before digging through the pockets of his jeans.