Chapter 7

*Alex's POV*

I got up to throw away my empty coffee cup when Zayn started talking to a girl, I don't mind at all really. I started to walk back to the table when I am being pulled into the corner by non other than my douche ex. Jackson.

"Well how rare it is to find you here" Jackson seductively says to me "Jackson get the hell away from me" I say refusing to look at him in the face. "Aww come on babe, you know that you want me, instead of that ugly wuss. Stop denying it" Jackson says pulling us closer. I try to push him away but at the way he's holding onto me, I don't succeed. But I don't care about myself what really hurt me is what he said about Zayn. "No, I hate you Jackson but I like Zayn. He's nice to me and actually makes me feel like I'm worth something, you made me fell more worthless then I already am." I say kneeing him in the crotch, Jackson doubled over in pain but still refused to let me go "Zayn help" I say.

Zayn rushes over to get me out of Jackson's grip, now I'll have more red marks and a slight bruise on my arms. Great -note the sarcasm-

"Alex are you ok?" Zayn asks when he saw me rubbing my wrist "yeah, he just has a strong grip" I say not wanting to tell Zayn I have a red mark "Alex let me see your arms and wrist" Zayn says with concern in his voice "no it's ok, I'm not hurt" I say lying again "yes you are Alex! now let me see your arms" Zayn whisper shouts. "Ok, but not here" I say walking toward the exit door.

We're around the corner of Starbucks where there are no people. I take off my jacket to show Zayn my arms. But what he thought were only a few bruises turned out to be a whole arm full of red marks and fading bruises.

"What happened to your arms?" he asks in shock "I think it's best if you not know" I say looking away from his face (A/N I don't look people in the eyes. My tribe finds that to be rude and in some cases dangerous, so Alex will only look at his nose during 'eye contact') "no Alex tell me!" he commands.

I take a deep breath and say "the other week when I ran off Jackson decides to pay me a drunken visit and started pushing me up against brick walls and his grip can leave marks" then I show Zayn my wrist "Alex why didn't you tell me or show me that you were hurt. I would've done everything" he tells me "that's exactly why" I say. Zayn gives me a confused look "my whole life I've never been good enough, worth something or useful. By ignoring my injuries I feel like I'm not that useless" I tell him

Zayn walks up to me cups my face in his hands so I have to look up at him and says with care in his voice "Alex you are more than good enough, you are worth more than you can ever imagine and you are not useless."

Then he brings me into a hug and whispers into my ear "you are perfect, don't believe otherwise" I hug him back and we stay like that for a while. But by the time we finally let go of each other I feel tired. I yawn then quickly cover my mouth because I just remembered my embarrassing yawn. I sound like a kitten.

*Zayn's POV*

Alex and I finally let go of each other after our long embrace and it seems like she's tired. She starts yawning and she sounds like a kitten, just as I was about to say something she quickly covered her mouth making the adorable noise stop.

"Aww why'd you cover up your yawn? it's adorable" I cooed wrapping my arms around her again, but slightly lower. "Shut up Malik,it's not adorable. It's embarrassing" Alex says kinda mumbling the last part. I threw my head back laughing, when I calmed down I said "ok 1 you do know that'll be your last name soon. 2 how is embarrassing? You sound like a kitten" I ask her, Alex rolls her eyes and answers "who says my last name will be Malik? and its embarrassing because I'm 20 years old and I sound like a fucking kitten when I yawn"

After a few minutes of arguing about Alex's yawn Ariana approaches us. "Alex? Is that you?" Ariana asks. "Ariana?" Alex asks back "yeah, it's me. It's been so long since I've seen you" Ariana replies "wait you two know each other?" I ask "yeah we went to middle school together" they said simultaneously "oh well, since we all know each other I think we should invite her to the wedding" I suggest "you guys are getting married?" Ariana asks "yeah, in like 2 1/2 months" Alex answers "oh how cute" she squeals. "Um, yeah. I guess" Alex hesitates.