Chapter Eight

*Alex's Nightmare*

"You're a terrible mother who can't do anything right! You've even raised the girls wrong!" I remember hearing my biological father yell to my mom. It looks like mom is about to cry "no mom don't listen to him! you're an amazing mom!" I yell reassuring her

Suddenly he snaps his head in my direction "you?! you're a disappointment, you're just a mistake who can't do anything correctly for herself. Just like your mother!" he yells at me "hey you dead beat! you can insult me all you want ! but leave mom out of this! You're the reason why my life is so messed up!" I yell back "No Alex, he's actually right." I turn my head to the voice, to see that it's Zayn. My heart broke once again into a million little pieces. Zayn continues saying "But he also forgot to mention that you're an idiot. Especially since you thought that I would actually love you. Don't you realise that i'm doing this just because I'm forced to, after we're married I'm gonna find a way out of this marriage" "but Zayn... you said that you loved me?" I asked with hurt clear in my voice. He chuckled a low deep chuckle "said, but didn't mean. You're just dumb enough to believe my lies" "but-" I was cut off by Ashlynn "you can't blame him Alex. Cause really, who'd actually be dumb enough to fall for an idiotic, useless bitch like you?"

I was broken. I started crying and screaming at them "NO! JUST STOP!" "stop denying it Alex,its true and you know it!" Zayn yells to me "no just stop!"

Suddenly I'm woken up.

"Alex! Baby! Wake up!" Zayn says shaking me awake. I bolt up from the bed with tears slowly descending from my eyes while I try to re-regulate my breathing. "Alex,baby.Are you ok? You were screaming into the pillow and crying" Zayn asks "don't touch me" I say as he's about to put his hand on mine. "Whoa, hey what's wrong?" he asks me again "do you really love me? Or are you just doing what the contract says? Are you going to marry me, insult me 24/7 then once you're done with me are you gonna divorce me?"

He was shocked, he looks offended. "Answer me Zayn" I say refusing to look at him. "Alex, what would make you think that? I love you. I honestly genuinely love you, when I chose you. I literally completely forgot about the arrangement" Zayn take my hands in his and I finally look over at him and see the hurt on his face.

"Why Alex? Why would you ask me that?" Zayn asks me "it's because she had the nightmare" Rena answers for me "the nightmare?" he asks again "since she found out about the marriage,she's wondered what kind of guy you'd be. And one night she started to like what her imagination gave her, but somehow he showedupinher dream and ruined the whole thing for her" Zayn tightens his grip on my hands then pulls me towards him so I'm sitting in his lap. He whispers in my ear "I will never be anything like him, you deserve the best and I plan on being the best just for you"

What he tells me takes me by surprise. I've heard about guys like him, but I always thought they were just an image authors created when they write books. But I guess I was wrong, Zayn isn't part of a book, he's right here holding me.

"I'm ... I'm sorry Zayn" I tell him wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my head on his shoulder "shh it's ok baby. I forgive you" he says rubbing my back trying to calm me down "well it seems like Zayn has everything under control here. So I'm just gonna go back to bed, night" Rena says just as she leaves and closes the door. "How did I get so lucky to have met you?" I ask Zayn. He just chucked a bit "I was wondering the same thing" he said kissing my forehead.

I stayed sitting in his lap with my arms around his neck for about 10 minutes until he decides to break the silence.

"Baby?" "yeah Zayn?" I respond "can you tell me about him? About why you hate him?" he asks me. I freeze for a moment 'should I tell him?' I thought to myself "um, i... I guess" I stutter answering him.