my savior

liza pov

i checked into the ski resort, per usual, to get away. snowboarding in the mountains was my happy place, to get away from my family and friends. i never came here with other people, just alone. the only exciting thing about living in colorado is the wonderful mountains.

i scooted my way up to the waiting line for the lift, being conscious of not tripping over my straps on the snowboard. as i get lifted up in the air, i like to stare down at the people below me. it's actually quite interesting to see how people do it, they shred, they go fast, or fall a lot.

as i was looking down, one person in particular  caught my eye. he too was a boarder, and a quite good one as far as i could tell. he had all black pants and jacket, but a white board which really contrasted with the darkness he had going. he had dark brown hair, being pushed back by the wind, but only a small amount was held back by the straps of his goggles.

getting me out of my thoughts, my ride on the chairlift came to an end. i swiftly attached the buckles and straps to the other ends, and went off. as i came to a sudden stop at the middle of the hill, i looked over and saw the mystery boy. he was groaning in pain and holding his neck and trying to support his back.

that sight reminded me of one of the scariest moments of my life. i fell off of a steep ramp onto my back and broke 2 vertebrae and my lung collapsed. i was so close to my death for those couple months, it was truly terrifying.

i unbuckled my straps and quickly ran over to help him up.

that day was the day i saved david julian dobrik, my now soon to be husband. we've gotten engaged 3 months ago, he took me out on a boat ride along the santa monica coast and ordered my favorite chinese food to surprise me with. it was a magical day, but couldn't have happened without me saving him. i know, i know, i shouldn't take all the credit, but the only way he could have gotten to the emergency room is me helping him up and driving/speeding him there.

whisking me out of my deep, deep thoughts, was the one and the only david.

"baaabeee" he whined while resting his head onto my shoulder.

"what baby," i softly asked him.

"we ran out of those really really good tgi friday's mozzarella sticks and i don't wanna go to the store to get them alone," he remarked.

i giggled and got up off the couch to grab the car keys. i threw on some black vans and a dd hoodie and met david at the car.

"babe you know how much i love you right," david spoke.

"yep bub i know, i love you too," i replied while smiling.

"but i don't just love you because you're you, I love you cause you're my savior."

A/N
(unedited)
who's missed me! prob no one but i had a major writers block but decided to make this scrap! i am writing a sequel to rewind tomorrow and that should be up tomorrow as well! i have tons of more ideas so i should be updating more, but idk yet. thanks for so many reads on this book i really appreciate it.
-kiki