"homework"

__________________________

Chapter 4: "homework"

__________________________

1:15 PM

The bell rings as I close my locker. 5 minutes until science class, the class I've been dreading all week. I pick up my bag from the multicoloured floor and let it hang from one of my shoulders. I quickly slip in a bathroom and check my brown waves to make sure they are in 'control' and head to my first class.

Just a few days ago, Principal Morr assigned Luke and I to work at his small cafe, and for Luke to be my singing 'guide', which means more time spent together which equals another hell. What Morr also said at the end didn't make sense at all!

I rush down the hall trying to find my science classroom I was only in 4 days ago. I have science two days every week, Mondays and Fridays. To save time as I walk using my not so super super not so speedy speed, I fish out all my books and notebooks out of my bag for science. What I've noticed is that I'm always rushing whenever I'm at school. Now does everyone see what school does to you?

Finally turning a corner and almost bumping into someone with awesome red hair, I find the classroom and slow down to casually open the door. Once I push myself inside, I try to look for a seat, but the only seat left is one in the front. And I hate sitting in the front, and for one reason only: sitting in the front means you are asked the most questions and used for most of the examples which equals embarrassment.

I sigh and end up slumping in my seat, with my head on the desk. I drag my hands to find the floor and take the books I left there. They come flopping on the desk. I groan because of how much I hate this class, and how I'd actually rather be helping organizing books in the school library.

I just lay there, waiting for hell to happen. Until I hear his voice.

"Someone didn't get enough sleep." Luke. He slightly chuckles, making me roll my eyes. It's weird. All of a sudden I feel so excited. And anyway, I did..I just stayed up a bit later. Plus, you can't really blame me. A teen needs her Internet. And this class sorta sucks..

"Someone ate too many annoying pills." I groan, almost knocking off the microscope on the desk. Luke just smirks and sits in the seat next to me, on the same desk, since they are double. The perks of being partners.

"Well for your information, being annoying is way better than being completely ordinary." Oh please. Me, ordinary? Uhm, I don't think so, Luke.

"Just because I'm extraordinary and you're so annoying doesn't mean you have to be jealous, Lucas." I smile in a not so nice way, and call him Lucas. It just might tick him off. That's what he gets for calling me ordinary.

"Don't call me Lucas. That's not my name, Jessica." Ugh. Everyone assumes that Jessie is short for Jessica! Um, no people! Jessies don't revolve around Jessicas!

"Lucas! My name is not Jessica!" I whine, stomping my feet on the ground. 5 minutes have passed, just two more till class starts. Where's the teacher?

"Oh Jessica, no need to lie to me." His deep voice states. He is SO annoying. I don't think it's normal to want to smack the living day lights out of a certain person in the face every time you see them.

"Fine then, Lucas. Jessica is my twin sister. I'm not lying." I lie. His eyes grow wide, like he believed me, then go back to normal.

"Yeah right." He says, opening his textbook to a random page. I spot a funny looking frog and giggle."What's so funny?"

"The frog..it.." I pause for a moment, a wonderful idea filling my head.

"What about the frog?" He asks, obviously confused.