Chapter 1

*Third Person's POV*

Torturing himself all night long. He shattered his phone breaking communications that others could make. He locked the doors and windows, concealing the sounds of his agony. The room was dimmed, prevailing over the light it was holding. He sat on the corner and closed his eyes, "Even in the dark I can see your bright smile, the smile that made me frown" words came out into Ali's mouth, full of flare and gray. No one's with him to withstand with his struggles, to shred tears and comfort him. He is all alone in his room thinking on how to get rid of the sorrow he's feeling.

Some nights he hasn't eaten. "Goooaaaaarrr", the sound of his tummy makes. He ignored his hunger like the way he is ignored. Those nights he hasn't made himself tidy. The fisty smell scattered "I can smell your sweet perfume, the perfume that made me malodorous as I could be".

His vision gets muddy until slowly touching the floor and collapsed.

"Ali, Are you okay? What happened?" the damsel said standing in front of him "What's all of this? What did you do to yourself? Are you insane?!" She continued.
"Don't worry, I'm okay. Everything's fine because you're here now beside me" Ali said and immediately hugged MJ. "I'll never leave you again, I love you Ali" Mj released in his hug and kissed his forehead.

*Ali's POV*

I sluggishly open my eyes and see the white ceiling and a blue ceiling fan spinning.
"Ali are you okay? Are you fine?" I saw Tita Janny with her concerned face. I knew it, I knew that it was all just a dream. No, not a dream but a nightmare. "Why are you crying, dear?" Tita said. I never knew that all this time it still hurts. "I'm fine, tita" my untruthful reply "Are you sure?" Tita asked sounding uneasy "Yes"

"Is it okay for you that I'll leave you for a while? I have to cop groceries from the market, it has been three, four weeks since the last one. You said you're ok right? I'll be back before dinner. Do you want something?" She asked.

"I'm fine tita. I don't need something. Just come back home safely. You can go now" I replied. "Take care, see you as I come back" Tita then gets out of the door.

"Ouch" I felt the pain from my back. "What's that?" tita coming back with a rush. "It's nothing. By the way, I thought you're leaving already?" I asked her. "Oh. I just forgot something" she then kissed my forehead. "You're still recovering Ali, so be careful. Bye now" she then leaves.

Now I'm alone again, I suddenly felt unsafe and unaccompanied. Did I mistakenly let Tita Janny go? Maybe it's just the drug I have taken earlier. I just need some fresh air. I went out and it's like the first time I saw the metropolis.

*beep beep* "Alliiiiii" a hideous yell from behind. I looked upon where the shout came from. It's a clump of party girls. I think it's Jeia who's yelling my name. Yes, it's Jeia! The infamous chic known in our school. It's impossible that a single guy wouldn't know The Jeia Laurel. "We're going to have fun at "Goes Tambayan". Wanna join?" She asked with an enchanting sound. I agreed, who wouldn't?

Lights and sound all over the place, people getting wild. I'm a newbie but I have a comfortable feeling in this place. I feel like there's someone watching over me. It sounds creepy yet I am feeling comfortable with it. Hence I have a good feeling about it.

"Ali, let's have fun! Don't be skittish, this place is for everybody!" Jeia speaks loudly competing to the sound of the music. "Yes! She's right!" Jeia's friend agreeing to what she had said. "Hi ladies!" a group of men referring to Jeia's friends. Based on their getup they're certainly rich kids coming from wealthy families. Their group joined us. I became Out of place and felt suffocated. I have to breathe so I went straight to the bar counter.

"I know what you want." The bartender immediately said as if he really knows what I want. Then, a glass of tequila comes up sliding in front of me. "This is not what I want" I said

"For years I've been doing this job. I know what you want but I also know what you need. Beers are for the weak, Tequila are for the guys like you that needs a stronger taste. Grow up boy" the bartender lectured "You talk like my father. And I have a detestation about it, so don't be proud" saying with a rough tune. "That's very oppressive" the old bartender said. Seeing his face, I guess he really is hurt. Then the bartender leaves.

I had hurt someone. That gives me the drive to drink on and on. A guy then sits beside me. I didn't pay attention and still continue to drink. I'm feeling tipsy already. "Alli?" The guy asked. I faced him. "Alli!" Saying as if we are close. Oh no! It's Jims Icabande. My insensitive and narrow-minded classmate.

"Hi" I just replied with a bogus smile. "I've been here for a long time, but I didn't see you even once, what brought you here?" He asked

Here it starts, the everlasting questions from Jims. He is known for being an attention seeker and for his hard-boiled questions. It's obvious that he has gone through many fights. I just replied with a strained smile. "Oh that's tequila right? Yeah bro, you're hard. I tried drinking it but I can't bear the fiery feeling in my stomach." He continues He is now exasperating my mind. Actually I feel the irritation through my body. I can't take it anymore. I stand up and take another chair. But as I stood, he also did stood up and followed me.

"You also noticed him? That clangorous drunken man?" he utters sitting again beside me. He's actually right, there's that annoying drunk man from another seat. But still, Jims is more annoying than him. I would prefer to sit with that drunkard instead of Jims.

As I walk, he continues to talk. "I always hate irresponsible drinkers, I drink but I don't act like that, that's why I don't drink tequila and..." suddenly he stopped. I looked at him. "Oh! Oh! My! God! Now I know why you're here" he said proudly. "It's MJ, is it MJ. The beautiful MJ. Why? Is it..."

*BOB* I punched him in his irritating face. I just couldn't take it even more.

"Why bro?" He asked as if he didn't said anything. *BOB* I punched him again. Actually it feels great to punch him.

*BLAG* a payback punch was given to me. I never expected that I could have a fight with that Icabande.

Our fight abide, creating a commotion over the place. *BOB* *BLAG* *BOB* we are fighting but the people around are looking delighted to see our combat.

At last, Jims has given me a vigorous pound on my head that led me to tumble and fall. He pounded with so much hate carried on his fists.

But there's something Jims drew from his back pocket.

It's a...

It's a...

It's a knife!

His coming towards me. I crawled towards Jeia and asked help, but she just moved away. I crawled, hoping to be saved.

Jims is coming. His face is filled with fury...

He is now near. I guess it ends here. Jims will...

"Noooooooooo" a pleading voice disturbs the commotion.

Jims will now pierce my body... but... someone pushed me and took the stab. Jims was shocked for what he has done and he bolted away.

"Noooooooooooooo" I shouted seeing the person that saved my life. Tears fell from my eyes. "It's okay. Don't cry. Are you okay? The ambulance will come soon." She speaks. Even if she was stabbed, she still thinks about me. "It's still her, isn't she?" She asks. "Please tell me it's not all about MJ again" she sounds pleading. "Pshh, pshhh, don't , the ambulance will come soon" my tears continues to fall.

Because of my selfishness? Why??!!!!!!!!

Why does this happen to me? Because I loved someone? Did I became that selfish?