Chapter 5

Camila's PoV.

As I lay there watching the day begin I feel something. Whatever it is, it's different and I don't want it to end. Almost like a vibrating. Oh wait that's my phone I giggle and pull it out.

I don't bother to look at the caller id I just answer it because I know exactly who it is.

"Hello love," I say into the phone still watching the sun come up. The park is empty except for an old man who seems to be doing what I am.

"Hi babe," Lauren's husky morning voice says into the receiver. And I can't help but smile. "What are you doing?" she asks after a minute.

"I'm laying in the park, about a half block from the hospital."

"Oh that's kinky Camz," I hear Lauren laugh. Her laugh almost sounds close. Really close and not because of the phone.

I sit up and look around.

"Are you here?" I ask happily.

"I don't know Camz why don't you find out." I turn around and see my beautiful girlfriend standing with flowers. I drop the phone and hug her tightly.

Lauren kisses me with such passion it feels like a dream. Maybe because I am dreaming. I wake up and smile at the thought of Lauren.

Maybe I should call her. I grab my phone and dial her number quickly. I'm smiling the whole time and I can't seem to stop. It goes straight to voicemail. That's odd she usually picks up on the first ring. Maybe she's still sleeping or something.

The sun hasn't come up yet and I decide to climb out the window and onto the roof. Out of the corner of my eye I see a figure moving down the street. They look up at me and shout.

I recognize the voice. Dinah. I squeal and run downstairs to meet her at the door.

"Hi Pero! How are you holding up?" Dinah asks hugging me and rubbing my back soothingly. I pull back and raise my eyebrows at her.

"Never better actually," I say smiling and then it's Dinah's turn to raise her eyebrows at me.

"You didn't hear what happened to Lauren?" Dinah asks and I shake my head nervously. What happened to Lauren? She better be okay or else.

"I think you should sit down for this." Dinah says and I take a seat on the porch steps. She sits beside me and wait for her to fill me in on this new information.

"So, how do I word this?" Dinah says rubbing at her brow. "Lauren was released this morning but she got arrested before even walking out the door."

"What!" I shout forgetting that people are sleeping just inside the door. I hit my hand against my forehead and sigh loudly.

Dinah hugs me by my side tightly.

"Why did they take her away?" I ask.

"Something about the murder of Austin Mahone. Apparently they have evidence she committed the crime."

I wipe away a tear knowing that what was said was really true. I feel my phone vibrate and pull it from my pocket. A text from an unknown number.

Unknown:

You're little friend will be doing life in prison. :)

-RS

Who the hell is that? I show Dinah the message and she grits her teeth hard.

I pace around Dinah's kitchen while biting my nails.

"Stop doing that before you put a hole in the floor." Dinah says after lifting her head from the table.

"Sorry," I say and sit down across from her and begin to tap the table with my fingers.

One look from Dinah again and I stop what I'm doing. I just can't be still right now knowing that Lauren is locked away somewhere. I suddenly feel like crying but I push back the tears.

"We're going to Lauren's house." Dinah says grabbing her keys and purse. I jump down from the stool and rush to the car.

The drive to the Jauregui house couldn't have taken any longer than what it did. Dinah looked pretty pissed off for some reason.

Before we knock on the door I grab Dinah's arm and she turns to look at me. "What's wrong?"

"I'm mad that Lauren got to kill that asshole and I didn't." Dinah says cracking a smile.

authors note:

sorry for the short chapter and long ass wait. but I'm out of school now so I'll have time to write more. anyways happy reading!