Chapter 9

Lauren's PoV.

I looked at the Cabello house and rubbed my eyes. I squinted and noticed a light on Camila's room. I walked around to the back and climbed the tree closest to the house.

Once I got high enough I jumped and landed on the roof. My side throbbed but I ignored it and went to the front.

I made it to Camila's window and slide it open carefully. I climbed inside and noticed she wasn't here. I shut the window then made my way to the bed.

I jumped on it and laid on my back. Staring at the ceiling I realized I might have made a big mistake.

"Shit." I mutter under my breath and dig for my phone in my pocket. I unlock it and notice 5 missed calls from Camila.

I call back and tap my leg nervously. After the second ring she picks.

"Lauren! Where are you?" she practically shouts and I have to pull the phone away from my ear.

"Well hello to you too, Camz." I chuckle trying to lighten the mood.

"This is no time for jokes," she takes a deep breath. "I need to know where you are."

From the way her voice shakes I can tell she might cry soon. I sigh and close my eyes tight, Hoping this will end soon and I'll wake up in Camila's arms.

"I'm in your room," I say quietly looking around. "Where are you?"

"I'm in the restroom that you escaped from."

That's the last thing she says before the line goes dead. I slam my phone on the bed and rub my eyes.

I can't stay here. She might tell but then again she might not. I go into the bathroom and sit on the cold floor.

I tap my feet nervously and put my head on my knees. I hear my phone ring and I scramble on my knees to get it.

I answer before reading the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Lauren I need you to get out of my room now."

"What? Why?" I ask standing up.

"They're coming for you," Camila says quietly.

"Shit." I mutter.

"But grab a bag and fill it with clothes and meet me down by the beach in 15 minutes."

She hangs up and I dig in the closet for a bag. I fill it up with clothes quickly and lean out the window. My phone vibrates.

Camz:

There's money in my night stand.

I jump down and rush to the bedside and dig around in the drawer. I find a wad of cash and stuff it in my pocket.

I take one last look at the room before I climb down the tree.

As I run down the street several my heart beats quickly and I struggle to breathe. I make it to the beach and spit Camila sitting on a bench facing the water.

"Camila!" I shout and she turns around. She runs to me and wraps her arms around my neck.

I immediately wrap my arms around her back and hug her tightly.

"We have to get out of here." she says once we separate.

"Where are we going?"

She shrugs and grabs my hand leading me to a car. I climb in the passenger side and Camila makes her way around the other side.

"Lauren! Are you okay?" 3 voices ask me from the back seat and I jump.

Camila starts the car and I turn to see Dinah, Ally, and Normani. I smile I've never been so happy to see them.

Camila's PoV.

I put the car in drive and make my way along the road.

"What are you guys doing here?" Lauren asks the girls.

"We couldn't let you go without us." Ally says smiling and placing a hand on Lauren's.

Lauren smiles and turns back around to the front. She grabs my free hand and kisses it gently.

"Awe Camren!" Dinah says and I roll my eyes. I can see Lauren laughing from beside me and I can't help but laugh too.

"So is this like a vacation thing?" Normani asks.

"Something like that," I reply.

"My uncle owns a beach house that we could stay at." Dinah says putting her phone in her lap.

"Where is it?" Lauren asks while tapping her fingers on the arm rest.

"California," Dinah says sadly.

"Well I guess we're going on a road trip." I say and Lauren squeezes my hand tight.

"Guys this going to be so much fun!" Ally says jumping up and down in the seat.

I stop smiling knowing that we might not be back for a long time. Or ever for that matter.

Author's note:

thanks for all the reads guys!! love you!

not quite sure where this story is going, but if you have any ideas feel free to message me!