-1-

~1~

Oh my darling,
You were always so proud
of having a cold heart.
Aren't you aware
how easily ice shatters?
⚜️

Tears prickle my eyes as the recent events of the day hit me, full on blast. I got fired from my job because my shit for brains boss says I can't cover stories the way he wants.

In reality, he asked me to sleep with him. I said NO and then he raved on about how he was too good for me anyways and other nonsense. When I finally get home, I find Axel sitting in the couch, in his towel. I suspect nothing...

That is, till his our maid comes out of our bathroom, naked and glowing. And he has the guts to fucking blame me! Saying I wasn't around for him and I never wanted to have sex.

Fuck you Axel! I think as I stomp the brakes of my red overused Toyota Camry. I park my car in the lot and March into the lobby of The Grande Chaffeé. I hope you rot in hell,Axel.I silently pray as I enter.

  "Hello ma'am" the receptionist greets warmly. A tall and slender but slightly busty blonde with thick red lips and a too tight uniform. Her assets all on front display.The kind of person you'd want to put at the front desk, to bring in customers.

I don't even try to smile as she dazzles her perfectly white teeth at me.

"A room please" I sigh rubbing slightly at my temples.

" Coming right up" she smiles.

I look at my engagement ring as she types away at the computer. Anger pulses through me looking at it. Everything shitty about Axel just shines at me just like the ring.I pull the ring of my finger and put it into my jeans pocket.

" Here you go Miss" she says as she hands me the keys to my room.

I step into the elevator and take a deep breath, finally able to release a little of my anger. Thankfully, no one is here to see me like this.

I get off the elevator at my stop and hurriedly enter my room. The room is brightly lit, the walls are white with huge vases of flowers deposited in each corner. A large glass table in the center of the whole room with a huge bed a few inches behind it and a curve TV plunged on the wall, opposite all those is a huge class wall exhibiting a breath taking view of the glamorous nightlights and busy streets of the city.

I plop down into the bed, my whole body sinking into the plush cushion softness, before I know it, hot tears are rolling down my face and I'm sobbing uncontrollably. My head is pounding, aching. A crushing weight dwells on my heart.

I wake up to the sound of trickling water and I am reminded to go and bath. I lazily get up from the bed and undress myself and wrap a towel around my body.

I make my way towards the bathroom door, the sound of trickling water getting louder, I turn the knob and enter. My heart leaps into my throat, thrashing wildly.

There is a man in my tub! Is the first thing that runs through my head and I quickly step out of the bathroom and close the door. I quickly ran my hands through my hair and exhale. Trying to sort through my thoughts. I'm losing my mind.

I rub at my eyes and and cautiously open my bathroom door again, taking a little peek inside. Like a kid afraid of a monster in her room. Yep, I've definitely lost it. I tell myself and close the door.