Chapter 3: Lilly's...

Chapter 3: Lilly's...

(MARCUS' POV)

*********

I walked into the library to give Stella the books I lost last year, but found when my mom forced me to clean my room.

As soon as I open the door I hear a bunch of laughing and 'ohhhhhs'. "AHHHHH! Asher you little fuckboy!" I hear someone yell and then a slapping sound, then a noise that sounded suspiciously like someone falling on the ground, coming from the back.

I walk back there and see Tyron, Bridget, Lupe, and those two gay guys laughing their asses off and Jessica glaring at the ground, looking so angry that even her hair looked kinda red, and what looked like her trying to dry her sweater. "Ughhh..." I hear come from the ground and that Asher kid get up and rubbing his cheek that looked like he had a hand print on it.

"Ewww...it's all sticky," Jessica says. She growls in frustration, throws down the napkins and takes off the sweater, revealing a black tank top.

For some reason, I was disappointed. She holds the sweater at arms length with her index finger and her thumb and had a look of disgust. "I'm going to ask Stella if she can go home and wash this later," she says and hits Asher on the side of the head as she walks past him.

When she gets far away enough from them, I come out from my hiding spot and lean against the shelf. "I don't remember you being so violent...it's kinda kinky," I say as she walks past me. She jumps in surprise when she hears me.

I smirk and she just glares at me and keeps walking. I follow her.

"You look...nice," I say still smirking, looking her up and down, practically undressing her with my eyes. Shes actually grown some boobs since freshmen year.

"You look way better without all those layers on."

She gives me the finger over her shoulder but I see her ears turn red.

"What do you want, Marcus?" she asks in a such cold voice that I almost shiver.

"You...in my bed," turning my player mode on and I reach out to pinch her ass, but she turns around suddenly, grabs my arm and twists. "Ever try to touch me again, I will personally cut your arms off while you sleep," she says in a low voice and puts her face closer to mine and I can tell she furious. I wince because she's still twisting my arm.

I look down at her lips and there's only a few inches of space between us. I instantly forget the pain and I lick my lips and close the distance between us. I can tell she's shocked because she stiffens, drops her sweater, and her eyes go wide, but she slowly relaxes and closes her eyes and wraps her arms around my neck. I bite her bottom lip, asking for entrance and she quickly replies. Then the library's phone starts ringing. She opens her eyes and quickly pushes me away. She looks to shocked and puts a hand over her mouth and shakes her head.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jessica's POV

'Holy shit! Fuck, fuck, fuck!' I think, shaking my head wildly. "Union Grove library, how may I help you?" I hear Stella say after the phone rings a few more times. Marcus just looks at me, confused at why I stopped. "Yes, this is she." Stella says with a confused look on her face. I look at her and her face goes pale. "WHAT?! Is she OK?" she yells into the phone. "I'll be right there!" she continues.

Stella quickly starts getting her stuff ready. She buzzes the office. "Mrs. Ryan, can you send Paul Darling to the library, it's an emergency." She looks at me and says, "Jessica, go get your stuff, we have to go to the hospital." I'm about to ask why, when she gives me a 'don't fucking waste time and get your shit' kind of look and I nod my head and go back to the table to get my stuff. When Tyron sees me she asks, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know, but I have to go to the hospital with Stella," I explain quickly as I get my bag and make my way back to the check out counter. When I get there, I see Stella waiting for me with Paul and Marcus. "OK, let's go." Stella says. "Wait, what about Lilly? Paul asks.

"Don't argue and get in the fucking car," she says angrily.

Paul gets shotgun and I sit in the back with Marcus. Why he was here, I don't know. Stella quickly starts the car and drives out of the school parking lot like a maniac.

"Stella, why are we going to the hospital?" I ask.

"It's Lilly," Stella answers and looks at me though the rear view mirror with tears in her eyes,"she's in the hospital and they think she has leukemia."

*******************************

sorry so short :\ and the pic on side is of Lilly

and since shes dying, try and imagine her looking like shit almost thew the whole book