Chapter Two

Billie's POV

She started leaving the room with a decided step. I shouted to her:

- But wait ! I ... tell me at least what your name is ...!

She did not even turn around and hurried back to the main room. I watched her leave, very surprised. I did not understand what had happened. If she did not want that, why had she railed at me all night? Usually, girls who look at me that way have no problem with what I do next with them. It's kinda strange. However, I felt a little bad. She looked rather young, and maybe she just wanted to chat with me for real?

I went back to the main room and looked for her. I did not see this blonde girl or her girlfriend with whom I had seen her discuss. I kept scanning the room for a few moments, hoping to see her among the crowd dancing frantically. Not spotting her, I decided to join the members of my band behind the scenes.

Arriving in the small rooms just behind the stage, I gestured to my best friend and bassist Mike.

- Hey Bill! Where have you been ? We smoked a pot as long as my arm, you should have come! he threw to me as he approached me.

- I see that, man! You've got red eyes like, what the fuck ! I replied, exploding with laughter. Look, I was with this girl who was close to the scene earlier when we were playing.

- Oh, the little blonde and cute one? She did not stop watching you during our entire performance ... So, tell me ! Did It went well? began John, my drummer, who was coming from I do not know where and seemed to be so fucked up.

- Well, it was very strange, I replied. When I started to touch her, she almost shouted at me and she left ... It never happened to me, well, you know ... That's what they all want, usually !

- She put you in your place! exclaimed John.

"She must be different from the others, that's all," Mike said, shaking his shoulders. Okay, are we going to eat somewhere ? I'm hungry as fuck.

- With what money? I asked him, putting my hands in my pockets. We did not even get enough tonight to get a whole pizza.

- We'll be satisfied with a half pizza in this case, answered John with a smile.

...

After our "meal", we went to an old abandoned shed, located in an alley. We had installed old mattresses to sleep on, just the time to do our little concerts in Los Angeles. We were actually from Oakland, next to San Francisco. But, on John advices, we decided to go down a month or two to LA to make us known by a wider audience.

We landed on our mattresses and lit a joint that we rushed to smoke, before falling asleep at around 4am.

...

The next day, I woke up numb. I had a friend who served coffee in a coffee shop a few alleys from here and who could get me one for free, so I decided to motivate myself and go get one.

When I arrived, there was already the queue to take their coffee to take away, so I put myself in the rank and began to wait for my turn. A few minutes later, out of boredom, I began to look around me, the people, the buildings that surrounded me. I turned my eyes all over the place. And all of a sudden, I saw her. Just a few people behind me. Yesterday's girl. The one I found absolutely cute. The one who had left me alone as an idiot. The one that had amazed me.

I stared at her, not blinking. She turned her head in my direction, and our eyes met. I saw in her eyes that she had recognized me, and that she was visibly surprised to see me. However, she looked away a few seconds later and folded her arms. I motioned her to look up and make her come to me. She stared at me coldly, then lowered her eyes again, not moving a hair. She seemed to hate me for what happened last night. As I really apologized for offending her, I decided to lose my place in the queue to go to her level. I approached her and gave her a smile.