Chapter Four

Billie's POV

I left Venice Beach and headed for the warehouse where I left my friends this morning. They must have been wondering where I was.

I walked quickly towards the city center, while being in my thoughts. I had liked to talk with this girl. She was nice, honest, curious ... She did not judge me. I saw it, she seemed to come from a well-off family. But she had not once taken me down, nor in relation to my language a little too familiar, nor compared to my worn clothes or broken teeth. And she loved my music. All the compliments she had made on our little concert last night had made me so happy. When she told me that she really found me talented, and that she was convinced that my music would become world-wide heard and loved, it could only motivate me to continue.

I arrived, after a quarter of an hour of walking, in the warehouse, where I found Mike scratching the strings of his bass and John still sleepy.

- Bill, where were you? exclaimed Mike, getting up and heading towards me.

- Hi men. Sorry for not warning you. It's ... a long story, I replied and scratched my head.

Mike pulled a seal from his pocket, lit it, took a puff, handed it to me and invited me to sit down.

"Tell me everything," he said with a big smile.

- Yeah, where the fuck were you ? John suddenly exclaimed from the corner of the room where he laid on his mattress.

"I went to get coffee from the coffee shop where Pete works, y'know? I started queuing, and there, who do I see? The blonde girl from last night! I began, pulling the pot several times.

Mike and John looked at each other, then burst out laughing simultaneously.

- Well men ... I don't know if it's luck or bad luck precisely! You went to talk to her? Mike asked me.

- Yes. At first, she did not even want to answer me, which made me, like, very uncomfortable. Then she started talking to me a little bit ... She told me in particular that she was going to Venice Beach by foot from here, no but guys, c'mon ? She did not even know the city well. So, to make me "forgive", I offered to bring her up there, I explained to my two friends.

John smiled at me and moved closer to me.

- So what ? You managed to get her favors? he asked me with a mischievous smile.

- Her favors?

- Yeah man. I hope she thanked you as it should.

- Nothing happened. On the other hand, during the trip, we talked for a long time, and it was very nice.

I told them that we had discussed our respective dreams, that she already saw me with an big musical career.

- What is her dream? Mike asked me, skeptical. Music too?

"No," I replied, running my hand through my hair. She wants to be an actress.

We spent the rest of the day smoking and playing music. It was the kind of day that relaxed me and made me happy. The music made me happy all the time.

We ended the day in our warehouse, smoking, drinking disgusting whiskey and laughing at nothing, before falling asleep.

...

The next day I was awakened by the deafening sound of John's drums. This bastard did not care to wake us up. I got up and went to him.

- Dude ... Serious, there ... I said to him smiling, still half sleepy.