Chapter Six

Billie's POV

I finally had the courage to kiss her. Her lips were soft as silk, and she kissed very well. She wrapped her arms around my neck and made the kiss last longer, for my greatest pleasure. I slightly opened the lips and began to kiss her more and more passionately. I think she was also enjoying this moment, because I felt a smile on her lips at the same time as the kiss.
I broke the link between our lips and looked at her with a smile. She made me smile while watching me carefully with her big blue eyes. She was so beautiful. I had rarely marveled at the beauty of a girl, but this time it was different.
- Oh my God ! she shouted suddenly, bringing her hands to her cheeks.
- What is happening ? I asked her, taking her hand.
- My father. I told him I would not be home late tonight, I ... I completely forgot. I must return home immediately or I'm dead!
She began to get up in a hurry and look around.
- I'll take the bus back, I have to hurry to catch the one that arrives! she said to me, panicked.
- Wait, calm down. We'll go to the stop you stopped for coming here. And I'll take the bus with you, I told her calmly.
- To do what ? she asked, tilting her head to one side while starting to walk to the bus stop.
- It's late and buses at this hour ... Well, I mean, there may be some weird people in there. I don't want you to have any problems, I said, following her to the bus stop.
She turned her head to me and smiled at me.
- Don't worry about me, it'll be fine, she told me.
- Yes, indeed, I worry. I don't want anything to happen to you. I am coming with you.
We arrived just in time at the stop to see the bus arrive, so we climbed in and we began to let ourselves go to her house. The bus was empty, there was just an old man who drank a beer and seemed well-alcoholic, since he was talking to himself. I was glad I didn't let Reese go home alone.

I turned my head towards her, to look at her. She had slumped in the bus seat and her eyes were down, as if she were embarrassed. I gently took her hand and squeezed it against mine. She looked at me and gave me a shy smile. I rested my hand again against her cheek to approach her face and kissed her again. I felt something when I kissed her. I had kissed lots of women, but also men, without feeling anything but male excitement. Here, with Reese, I felt something in my belly, I was hot and I didn't want for anything in the world that this moment stops.
We continued to kiss for a few minutes, then she drew back her face and stared at me.
- Do you take a lot of girls to Santa Monica Pier to kiss them then? she asked me suspiciously.
- Well, you're the first one, I replied with a big smile.
She smiled at me and looked down.
- Do you like me ? she asked me without crossing my eyes.
I looked for her eyes and took her hand.
- Yes, I like you. You are really a very pretty girl. But it's not just that, I ... I've been thinking about you and the times we spend together ... In fact, I really like being with you, being able to speak without you judging me or how haughty you are with me ...
- ...Judge you? she cut off, frowning. I don't understand.
- Reese, there is ... A big difference between you and me. Physically, mentally, but also at the level of the family, financial means, education ... You seem to be a girl of good family, well raised, always correct and elegant, you see what I mean ? I am a street kid. I grew up alone, my mother kills herself at work to pay her debts and my brothers and sisters work very hard too. Life is not very easy for me, and I based my education on punk culture and music.
She looked at me, shaking her head and putting her hand on my cheek.
- What about your father ? Is he here for you ? she asked me.
I looked at her then looked down silently. A ball was forming in my throat and I felt tears come to my eyes.
- My father ... died ten years ago.
There was silence for a few moments, then I looked up at her, trying not to crack.
- I ... I'm sorry, Billie. It must have been so hard ...
- It has been. So much so that today, ten years later, I still cannot accept his death.
Cancer had taken away my father when I was only ten, and I still hadn't managed to mourn.
Reese took my hand and put it against her heart.
- For everything you talked about, about the "differences" between you and me ... Know that for me, it does not matter. And I don't see why I would judge you on that, well I mean ... You did as well as you could, Billie. I think you are a very strong person.
We smiled each other and she approached me to kiss me again. Time passed so quickly with our lips stuck that a few moments later, we had already arrived in front of Reese's house.
Before leaving, she turned to me.
- Thank you for having accompanied me ... Really, you were not obliged ... You're really sweet.
- At least we could spend a little more time together, I replied with a big smile.
I grabbed her by the hand, pulling her towards me and kissing her one last time. Once our kiss ended, she looked at me, smiled shyly and got off the bus to start walking home. As the bus restarted to return to downtown, I watched her walking to her home. This evening was really great. And kissing her had provoked something in me. I was really attached to this girl, and it scared me. In living my punk life, I could not afford to attach myself sentimentally. But I couldn't fight against that. I was irretrievably developing very strong feelings towards Reese.