The Start To Us

As the month of February went along, we kept in touch. We tried to see each other as much as we could. He would drive to see me, I would meet him in the middle because we lived about 45 minutes away from each other.

We had our first kiss, which was magical, despite the fact it was in a car. We were magical. We did so much together and I didn't want to go another week without being his and him mine. Little did I know that very soon, that would change.

The day after our first kiss, River asked me out. He, again, wouldn't tell me where we were going or what we were doing. We met my family first and went out to a birthday lunch at Cheesecake Factory. After, we got into his car and he gave me a bunch of little presents including my favorite snacks. He knew me well, I love snacks.

He drove me out to a forest area where we were in the middle of nowhere.

"Shit.." I whispered. "You're gonna murder me aren't you?"

He gave me a straight face. "Yes babe, I'm gonna murder you here. Death by gummy bears." We laughed.

We pulled out into an edge of a cliff and parked the car. It was beautiful out there.

"River this is stunning. Thank you for bringing me out here." I pull him into a hug.

"Hey.." he started. He looked nervous. I knew it was gonna happen.

"Hey.." I smiled back to reassure him.

He put his arms around me and pulled me close.

"I have a question." He shyly said.

"No." I said sassily. He rolled his eyes and sighed as I let out a small giggle.

"I'm just kidding, what's up? Everything ok?" I ask.

"Yeah just...you know how everybody keeps calling us boyfriend and girlfriend?" He asked.

Uh oh, maybe this wasn't going in the direction I thought it would.

"Yeah...? What about it? We can ask them to stop if it makes you uncomfortable." I say while pulling him closer.

"No no.." he looked down while biting his lip. "Why don't we make that a reality? Will you be my girlfriend?" He said slowly looking up at me.

RIVER ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND CAN YOU BELIEVE I HAVE OPTIONS NOW OK OCTAVIA THINK WHAT DO YOU DO SAY YES YOU DUMB BITCH.

I grab his face and smash his lips onto mine. His arms snake around my waist as he leans me into the hood of his car.

"I'm assuming that's a yes then?" He says with a chuckle.

"Of course it's a yes!!" I scream jumping onto him. He spins me around with me on his back. I hold him super tight and whisper into his ear, "Boyfriend."

He looks back at me. "Girlfriend."

He lets me down and presses his lips onto mine. His lips were so full and fit perfectly onto mine. I pull away to see his perfect face smiling back at me.

This was perfection. This was the start of something amazing. February 29 would live on to be an incredibly important day for me.

I was dating the man of my dreams and I couldn't be happier.