Chapter 7

Rhoda  went to her children's crib, and touched them.
She was not in her senses.
The dream had shaken her being, and to an extent confirmed her fears.
She knew the consequences that would occur if anybody came to know about what she had dreamt of. It seemed best if she composed herself as quickly as possible and try to remain calm.
She lifted her son, Prince Felix, who was now almost a month old, and was sound asleep.
Felix was a beautiful baby, he had big and bright sapphire eyes, and a pointed nose, with small pink lips. He had round and chubby cheeks, and a buttery smooth and soft skin. He was not lean, and not fat. Everything about him seemed to be in perfect measure.
As she stood admiring his beauty, she felt a sudden pain in her chest.
She had this gift of recognising negative vibes in a nearby environment, a power she inherited from her grandmother, which was both a boon and a bane, because the effect of those vibes were directed to her heart, and this was how her grandmother had lost her life.
The pain surfaced sudden, forcing her to take uneven breaths, but soon faded slowly as she focused on the smiling face of Eugene.
After a couple of seconds, she was back to normal.
And this was a rare occurrence, to get back to normal so soon, which had happened twice, once when she was pregnant, and now.
She couldn't help but think if any of her kids had something to do with her sudden ease of pain?
She wished that none of her children may inherit her power even though this could prove to be a great possession, she would rather want her children to stay away from this pain than to predict some negative energy around them.

Since the kids were born, Rhoda had been suffering from depression, which was common for people who had delivered kids. This remained atleast for three months, in which the mother was advised to stay away from the kids in case she may harm them.
So, the royal kids were given in the care of Sophie, a nanny, whose job was to only look after the kids. The kids used to sleep with her.
Rhoda ached for the nearness of her kids, but was unsure of herself. Though she did put up a fight, she had to let go and abide by others decision to trust Sophie, and she assured herself that it was a matter of three months before she will be reunited with them.

She placed Felix back in his crib, and left the room.
She felt peace fill up the void in her heart.
She took small and light steps towards her room, for now she had to soothe the magic that was pooling in her palms, as a result of the minute attack she had just suffered.

If you like this chapter, please comment.
And don't forget to hit the star button.