ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

נ.ℓαυяєηѕ

I wake up in my bed, a clean white shirt on. I don't remember much, but Leon was over last night. I think he helped me when I was sick.

"Oh, good lord... Fuck" I sit up and a pounding headache blinds me for a second. I get out of bed and walk to my bathroom to freshen up. I still smell the stink of bile and alcohol lingering in the air. Poor Leon, he must've been feeling sympathetic to help me.

"I should visit him to thank him." I say quietly as I splash water on my face. I redo my hair after trying desperately to comb it out. I put on my ascot and jacket, then slip on my boots.

On my way out I lock the door and put the key in my pocket. Hopefully I don't lose it.

I'm walking aimlessly down the street, then it hits me. I have no idea where Leon lives. Just then, out of some kind of stroke of luck, I see him walk out of a small townhouse apartment.

"Leon!" I yell to him, waving frantically as I ran to him. He turned around, he looked disheveled. His hair wasn't even pulled back and he was wearing glasses. The dark circles under his eyes were so dark that they seemed to be sinking into his face.

"Woah, you look terrible. Did you not sleep last night." He shook his head. "Well, I was out to go get something to eat, would you like to join me?" I partly lie. To tell the truth, I was starving. He nodded and took off his glasses, slipping them into his pocket.

"That sounds nice." He walks slowly next to me.

"Tell me, why didn't you sleep last night? You got a girl?" I give him a questioning look and nudge him with my elbow.

"No...." he looks at me, mortified "I was writing. It also didn't help that the town clock chimed 12 when I got home from taking care of you. " he sighs and rubs his temples.

"You didn't have to. Leon, I barely know you and you're already treating me like I've known you all my life. Why are you so nice?" I pat him on the back, asking my question with a smile.

"I guess it's to make up for the lack of kindness I got as a child." He shrugs.  Damn this kid is depressing.

"Where do you want to go eat?" I look around at all the shops, trying to find some place that has food.

"Anywhere really. But, nothing too expensive.." he looks up at me

"I'm in the same boat." I rub the back of my neck. Money comes in slow this year. I'm almost always on the verge of being completely broke.

"How about that one? Seems reasonable enough." I point to a bakery across the way.

"Sure." He leads me across the busy street and walks into the store. Boy, when we walked in, I almost had a heat stroke.

Leon walks to the counter to buy his things, while I looked at the selection. Not much right now. I pick out and buy a few things and walk out of the store, Leon following close behind.

"Not much, was there." He sighs and finishes up the last bite of his food. I shrug and take a flew bites of my items and look up and down the busy streets. I see Lafayette and Mulligan laughing about something, and I frantically point at them, tapping Leon's shoulder.

"Oh, it's Laff and Herc. Let's go say hi." He drags me over to them, and blows on Herc's neck. Herc shivered and looked behind him slowly, then rolled his eyes at Leon's cheesy smile, and my food-stuffed face.

"Ah, monsieur Leon, Laurens! How are you this fine morning?" Lafayette asks.

I swallow. "I'm fine, I met up with Leon this morning and we got some food."

"Remember last night? Oh my god, Leo and Alex were carrying your sorry, drunk ass out of the pub while you were screaming at people to fight you." Herc laughs. I fluster up and roll my eyes.

"Well, he was drunk." Leon came to my defense "But he was throwing up and, ugh, that wasn't fun." I sigh and put my head in my hands.

"I'm not drunk anymore." I sputter out, crossing my arms. "God, just let me be." I roll my eyes playfully as the three of them laugh quietly.

----------------A.N.---------------

Yeah, I know, short chapter. I'm also sorry about not updating sooner. Hopefully I can get more in soon.

775 words