Chapter 12 - Saving Bellemere

Luffy's 8, Nami's 9, Belle's 13

-Saving Bellemere-

I check the map and compass once more to make sure this was Cocoyashi Village on Conomi island that I was heading towards. If my calculations are correct and I didn't go astray then this should be the home of the future straw hat navigator. I dock the boat with ease thanks to all the experience I've gained since entering this universe and I cover the boat up with some leaves and stuff from a nearby tree. I docked a bit of a ways away from the docks to hopefully avoid having Arlong destroy my boat. I step off the boat and onto the docks before heading into town.

I walk down main street looking for a hardware store since I'm getting low on my building materials which is a real pain since I have to make some of the supplies I use and it's pretty difficult due to the complexity of the hardware. Just building the system for my tracking chips are hard enough and it took me forever to figure out how to even build them due to the lacking resources. Also my latest project of building a phone that accesses the same radio waves that the transponders snail's use isn't going too well.

I easily find a hardware store when I get out of my thinking since I was standing right in front of it and I purchase everything I need. It pays off to know how to pickpocket someone specially all the nobles in High Town without being caught. I walk out of the store with four bags full to the brim with materials and I drop those off in the cabin of my boat. I store everything properly so they won't go sliding around if I run into a storm on my way home.

I walk back out onto the deck only to spot a ship coming into the harbour and I can already identify the figure standing on the helm of the boat. I let out a curse and make my way into the forest unnoticed by anyone. I spot Nami and Nojiko hiding a couple feet away from me in the bushes watching as the Arlong Pirates landed just as I slipped into the forest. I ignore them and turn my focus back on getting to the house up on the hill. I freeze and slap myself on the face realizing that I don't have a good idea where Bellemere's house is. I look at the trees around me and smirk when I spot the perfect one for climbing.

I easily scale the thing and poke my head through the top leaves on the trees scanning for either the smoke trail from Bellemere's cooking or to spot the top of their chimney through the trees. I spot the smoke trail easily enough and I glance at the village to see that Arlong and his group are making there way over to the house. I jump to a lower branch on the tree towards the house and I continue tree jumping until I reach a branch that's close enough to the ground that I jump off. I run towards the house and I slip out of the trees onto the road that leads towards the house. I spot Dr. Nako holding Nami and Nojiko back from reaching their mother.

"Stop kid." Nako yells and I see him reaching out to me but I slide underneath the arm he reaches for me before continuing on my way. Instead of going around the house to the front I climb onto the roof of the turquois house. Luckily, I have a smoke bomb on me and I pull that out. I stay crouched and move silently towards the front where everyone is. I make it there just as Nami and Nojiko run into the open arms of their mother. I watch as Arlong ruins the touching moment and I heed my time waiting for the right moment.

Just before Arlong shoots Bellemere I drop the smoke bomb and jump silently to the ground. I knock Bellemere down just before Arlong fires and I knock her out before she can say anything. I pull out some fake blood in my pocket, I really need to stop carrying around the most random things in my pockets like I also have a random bag of dog treats and I don't even know where I can find a dog beside Chouchou in the East Blue. Maybe I'll just save them for Stefan... Nah they'll be bad by then.

I spill the fake blood all around Bellemere and on her forehead where she would've been shot if I hadn't interfered. I disappear into nearby bushes before the smoke clears and watch as the rest plays out as it should. As soon as everyone's out of eye sight I sneak out and pick up Bellemere. I silently watch for someone as I make my way to my boat hopefully unnoticed. I make it to my boat unnoticed so I drop my caution only for footsteps to sound behind me when I place my foot on the deck of my boat. I quickly and gently set Bellemere down before whipping around as I narrow my eyes at who's there. I let out a sigh when I notice that it's Genzo.