Chapter 12

I haven't seen Toby since the night we took him to the hospital. I don't know how he's doing.

I went to his house to pick up Gryphon, and take care of him while Toby is in the hospital. I'm dying to talk to him!

I sighed. I can't get coffee because I still don't have a car. It's a miracle my mom brought me groceries a when I got out if the hospital. Somehow, I've been surviving on the remains of the groceries and T.V. dinners.

I crutch into the kitchen and look around for some coffee. I manage to find some shitty instant coffee, but it'll have to do.

I brew it, sugar it, and put some ice in it and toss it in the blender.

Cool. A homemade frappé. I sip on it -- it tastes like watered down refried beans with a hint of sugar -- and look though the ads in a newspaper.

Something buzzes under all the scraps and newspapers. I search through the papers and find my phone. A number I don't recognize appears on the screen of my phone.

"Hello..?" I said cautiously. This could be a murderer for all I know.

"Hello! Is this Morgan?" a sweet old lady's voice rings out of my phone. It sounds a bit sad, though.

"Uh, yeah? Who is this?" I said.

"Oh! This is Toby's mom, Mrs. Turner." Mrs. Turner says.

Thank God! "Oh my God, how is Toby doing?" I sigh.

"Well..." her voice trails off. "Better?"

I can already feel the tears sprouting. "So he's... alive?"

"Oh yeah!" Mrs. Turner says. "But the doctors had him on this weird thing. Breath support?"

Oh God. "Had?!" I ask desperately.

"Toby-" her voice cracks, "is gone."

~~~~

HAHAHAHAHHA

>: D EVILNESS

thanks for reading

<3