Chapter 02; a Certain Explosive

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟸

"Don't you think you should do something about this?" [name] asked in monotone. The whole time she had been hanging around with the Agency, she hadn't shown a single sign of emotion.

"I would, but I can't." Dazai said with a smile as he was suspended upside down in the air by a rope around his ankle. "Can't you see I've been caught in a trap?"

"I have eyes." She said simply.

"Well? Aren't you going to do something, [name]-chan?" The brunette asked.

She thought for a moment. "No."

"But whyyyyyyyy, [name]-chaaaaan??"

"Because you don't seem to be in any immediate danger. And you're not my responsibility." She said. "Call Kunikida or something. Surely, your co-workers will help you."

'From the very beginning, [name]'s main focus has always been herself.' Dazai thought as he blankly stared at the pages of his beloved Guide to Suicide. 'Even now, that's what it usually is. Planning her entrance exam was a challenge, since if we had done what we are doing for Atsushi-kun, or anything like that, she would have figured out what was going on. It's lucky that Kunikida found that she has a soft spot for children and people like Atsushi-kun. All we needed was a coincidence.'

"[name], why don't you go on errand for me?" Ranpo asked as he rolled over to the girl in his chair, holding a piece of paper out to her. "I've got a list of candies and snacks that I want."

[name] took the list and stared at it for a moment. "I don't have any money." She said.

"Go ask Kunikida for some," Ranpo said with a sigh before he waved his hand at [name]. "Go on, go on."

[name] then reluctantly trudged over to the blonde, who was just finishing some paperwork. "Can I have some money?" She asked him bluntly.

"What for?" He asked. Which was odd. To anyone else, Kunikida would have immediately said no.

"Ranpo wants me to buy him snacks." [name] showed Kunikida the rather lengthy list and he sighed, standing from his seat.

"I'll go with you." Kunikida said as he started towards the door. "You can't do all that by yourself."

'[name]'s entrance exam had to be real. Everyone was constantly on alert, and going places with [name], to hope that there would be a moment that she would act to save someone and be able to join the Agency.' Dazai put his hand on his cheek in a bored manner. 'It took forever to have the right moment, and its a good thing Kunikida was there to witness it.'

Kunikida and [name] strolled down the street, the man refraining from going at his usual, quick walking pace to let the (hair colour) haired girl walk along peacefully.

"Why does Ranpo need so much junk food?" [name] asked suddenly, breaking the comfortable silence between her and Kunikida.

"That's just how he is." Kunikida answered.

"He's very childish." [name] said. "Are you sure what Yosano said was true?"

"What thing?"

"The thing about the Agency being founded just for Ranpo." She said. "So that he'd make use of his gift."