[02.02] in which andre can't keep a secret

Tom and his captain, Alex Ovechkin, sat next to one another after practice

Tom and his captain, Alex Ovechkin, sat next to one another after practice. While the rest of the team was conversing about plans for before the game and perhaps afterwards, Alex turned to Tom, "What happened with that girl from a couple of nights ago?"

Tom sighed as he remembered the scene at the restaurant that Alex, Niklas and Andre had seen, "I haven't talked to her since then."

"You should talk to her. Honestly, save her from that guy." Alex told him and Tom shook his head.

Tom looked away from Alex, "She's right. It's none of my business. I hope she breaks up with him, but I can't do anything about it."

"Who's 'she'?" They both heard one of their goalies, Braden Holtby, ask. Tom and Alex looked at him like they had no idea what he was talking about. Braden rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front of him, waiting for them to tell him.

Tom and Alex just looked at one another with confused faces. Andre sat down next to Tom and Braden began intensely staring at him as well. Andre turned to Tom and Alex with a puzzled look on his face, but then quickly understood what was going on.

Braden stared at the trio, with his eyebrow raised. Andre didn't dare to look away, but leaned into Tom, "Has he blinked at all?"

Tom slightly tilted his head to the side, "I don't think so."

"It just keeps getting more and more intense, I'm sorry I can't do this." Andre stated, "She-"

"Andre, I will make the next practice hell for you," Alex threatened and Andre immediately shut his mouth.

Andre held his breath so that he wouldn't speak, but he began to choke after thirty seconds, "Tom is in love with someone that he's known for a week."

"Andre, you fucking bitch!" Tom yelled at him and Andre jolted out of his seat. He began to run around the locker room, Tom running after him. Andre sprinted out of the room and Tom followed him.

"Wait, Tom is capable of loving?" One of the other athletes in the room, TJ Oshie, asked. The room began to chuckle, but then quickly stopped once the door opened. Tom was holding Andre by the collar of his shirt, dragging him into the room.

"Is this how Canadians deal with problems? In Russia, we cut off a finger." One of the Russians in the room announced and all of the Russians began laughing.

Alex Ovechkin was the first to stop laughing, "Canadians are weak."

The Russians began roaring even louder, but Tom announced, "Hey, Ovi, is that why I can kick your ass?"

Everyone got quiet as they looked at Tom who was still holding onto Andre's collar, "Wanna go, Tom?"

Tom slowly backed away from Alex, honestly terrified, "Uh, no thanks. I'm good."