[02.04] in which tom needs a favor

"Cas! Tom sent you a message on instagram

"Cas! Tom sent you a message on instagram." Rose excitedly said as she walked into the kitchen.

Cassandra's eyes widened, "Shut up! Do you really want mom and dad to hear? You want our stepmom to hear? All she does is gossip-"

"Okay, okay," Rose said defensively, "I'll stop. Here's your phone." She placed the phone on the countertop and walked away. Cassandra picked up her phone and opened her instagram. She started at the notification for what felt like hours, until she finally clicked the message.

She quickly skimmed over the message, 'Can you please call me? I need a favor'. Below that message was another one with his phone number. She clicked the number and the line began to ring.

Tom picked it up in an instant, "Hello?"

"Hey, Tom. It's Cassandra." She speaks into the phone as she finishes cleaning up the kitchen.

Cassandra could almost see his smile through the phone once she heard his excitement, "Cas, hi! I know this is random, but can you meet me at the grocery store in- well, now? It's kind of an emergency. Wait, no. I'm not dying or anything, but yeah, can you come?"

Cassandra looked down at her outfit and realized she was wearing pajamas, but was too lazy to change out of it. She grabbed a jacket and unlocked the house door, "I'm on my way."

Once she got there, she walked inside and looked through the aisles until her gaze fell on Tom. "Always in a suit, eh?" she asked from behind him.

He instantly turned around and looked at her with a smile on his face, "Always in PJ's, eh?" She laughed at his comment and he gave her an unexpected hug.

They walked down the aisle together, "So, what was your emergency?"

Tom stopped in his tracks, "So, I don't really know how to ask this. Uh-" he paused for a moment and played with his scruff, "the guys all said that I don't have a chance with you and Andre - actually, I - lied and said that we're together."

Cassandra looked away from Tom's gaze and she shook her head, "So what do you want me to do?"

"Wait, you're not mad?" Tom asked her, relieved that she wasn't yelling, but also confused as to why she was so calm.

Again, she shook her head, but her gaze shifted from his eyes to someone else. Tom snapped his fingers in front of her eyes, but she didn't twitch. Her eyes widened and she grabbed Tom's arm then dragged him out of the section.

Once she got far enough she stopped, "What the hell was that?"

"My boyfriend was there and oh my God he probably saw me with you! Oh, I am so screwed." She said in a frustrated yet hushed tone as she flung her arms around pointing in random directions.

"Why would you be screwed? Doesn't he trust you?" Tom asked her quietly, looking around to make sure there was no other person in the aisle they were at.

Cassandra sighed, "It's complicated."

Tom nodded his head, "Why haven't you two broken up? I mean, he's an asshole."

She immediately got defensive and backed away from Tom, "He's not that bad." He dropped the subject once he noticed how resistive she became. Her gaze dropped to the floor as she crossed her arms across her chest, "What did you need?"

"I just need to prove to the guys that I do have a girlfriend." Tom got closer to her, but she just took a step back and whispered underneath her breath, "What?"

"I can't do that." She told him, looking him in the eyes for a split second then looking around them.

Tom furrowed his eyebrows, "Why not?"

She raised her eyebrows at him, "Cause we are not dating, Tom! I have a boyfriend who I am happy with. You are not going to ruin that because this," she points between her and Tom, " is never going to happen. I hardly know you and you cannot come into my life acting this way. Please don't call or text me." She walks away from him, but Tom jogs up to her.

He grabs her by the arm and turns her around, "Cassandra, I have seen guys like him. I was like him. He's going to break your heart and even though you don't want me in your life anymore, I will not let you go. You go ahead and call me when you're at rock bottom, crying your eyes out because of his dumbass. I will always be by your side, Cassandra."

She pulled her arm away from him, tucked her hair behind her ear, "Goodbye, Tom."

-/-/-

why does Cassandra wanna stay in a toxic relationship??? we shall see