Chapter 3: Barrels Revenge

*****Pewdie’s POV*****

I didn’t remember much other than being alone in the darkness, after having left Stephano. It was crazy, and the teleporting naked guys were relentless at popping out in front of me. Those damned barrels watched me from the corner of the room. It felt as though they were snickering at me as I stumbled around in the dark chambers, hopelessly looking for keys and Sanity. Then came the tall, untrustworthy statues that Stephano told me about. Suddenly, my sanity drained within a matter of moments. With that, I fell to the ground and everything turned to a dream.

Four large pillars towered before me. Just behind those, was an extravagant altar. A large cross towered in back of it. A copy of the Bible lay open on the table. Two long stemmed red roses were set across the open book. A flask of wine sat near the Bible. On a plate before that was a slice of bread. I inhaled a sweet aroma coming possibly from the long stemmed roses.

A deep voice called to me. “Pewdie, step forward.”

I walked toward the altar cautiously, careful not to upset the beautiful display. It was obviously set up for some reason, and it was definitely not for me to screw up. “Pewdie, you must be tired. Eat, drink, please.” The voice boomed.

 My stomach growled. It was true that I was hungry. I had not eaten in over six hours. Weak as I was, I was hesitant to accept anything from this unseen voice. Go on, Pewdie. Don’t be rude. Yet I couldn’t bring myself to take the bread or the wine from the table. Instead, I stood before it awkwardly, rocking on my heels. From here, only a few steps away, I looked at everything that rested on the table. The bread looked crispy and warm. The wine had a delicious fragrance that wafted to my nose.

Once again, my empty stomach roared in hunger. I frowned. “Go on, young adventurer, eat. This was set up for you. We are all close here. Quench your thirsts and stifle your hungers. Tonight we are here for you, Felix.” the disembodied voice echoed.

I blinked. He used your real name. I knew that it was impossible for anyone to know that my true identity was not Pewdie, but rather Felix. I looked at my feet. My sneakers were ragged, wet, and soggy. I pulled my black headphones off of my head and hung them around my neck, releasing some tension. Using my fingers, I untangled my dirty blonde hair in front of my blue grey eyes. The voice was getting impatient.

“Do not be afraid, Felix. I am close to you. This is how I know your true identity. Now, do not ignore my offer.” he boomed in reply to my thoughts.

Feeling rather scared, I sighed and reached forward for the toasty bread on the table. As my rough fingers touched the crispy crust and my mouth watered. I looked up for the voice to say something, but no advice came. Hungrily, I tore a piece of bread off of the large slice. Mouth watering, lips quivering, I stuffed the bread into my mouth and chewed. Swallowing, I felt the food hit my stomach, the first food I’d had in hours.

Eerie sounds began to echo through the darkness. The unknown voice had gone silent. I put the next chunk of bread down onto the plate and looked around. Groans and chilling music bounced around through the darkness. The ominous sounds sent a chill down my spine, and I shivered. The chamber was no longer warm, but it was now chilly. My eyes squinted closed. Feeling suddenly sleepy and very upset, my shaky hands reached to put my headset back on before clenching the straps of my backpack. It was full with so many items I’d picked up. There was a lantern, many jars of oil, vials of Sanity Potions, and rusty keys to doors I hadn’t yet found.