✈️ vii.

yeri

Joy and I were lying on my bed, bopping our heads and singing while listening to some songs, when she all of sudden turned to my side with a stupid smirk.

"Why were you guys holding hands?" Joy squiggled her eyebrows.

I made a disgusted face at her, "We weren't holding hands, it was a joke, he was singing sweater weather and he put my hand in the hole of his arms sweater and then I didn't care to remove it since it was cold and I wasn't wearing any gloves" I rambled on.

The smirk on Joy's lips remained, "Uhuh- oh Yeri..." She said teasingly, excitingly clapping her hands.

I rolled my eyes. I knew exactly what she was thinking. "I don't like him and I'll never like him in that way... I mean- he- he's an absolute jerk."

She shook her head, "Sure... sure, he totally did not pay for your pizza and you totally did not have a good time with him today. Okay, I understand," She shrugged her shoulders as my mouth widened.

"How did you know?"

"Eh, Namjoon told me, supposedly Jungkook can't stop talking about you after today...." She winked at me.

A blush crept on my cheeks as I nervously laughed, "Well what can I say?" I smirked as I looked at Joy, "I'm irresistible."

Joy chuckled and slapped my forearm and I pouted. We spent the night laughing, and singing along to catchy American and Korean songs and before we knew it slumber took over us.

✈️

When I woke up the next morning and headed downstairs, I was immediately surrounded by the smell of some delicious blueberry pancakes and maple syrup. I rushed downstairs like an excited child and to my surprise, V and Jungkook were sitting at our dining table. Confusion swept across my mind, as I saw both pf them laughing and talking to my mom across the table who was at the stove making the pancakes.

Jungkook was the first to notice and when our eyes met, he sent me a genuine smile which honestly made my heart skip a beat and my cheeks reddened. I couldn't stop thinking about what Joy said yesterday. Suddenly I was avert of my condition, my hair was all over my head like a bird's nest and I was sure there was some dry drool beside my lips. My clothes were old and crumbled but... I couldn't care less. I stretched my arms and walked downstairs.

My mother gasped at the sight of me, "Yeri, go clean up!"

Taehyung started laughing as he took a bite of his pancake, "You look as if a  tornado had swept you up." I glared at him before muttering a sarcastic thanks.

I went upstairs to the washroom and cleaned my face. I again went downstairs but not before wearing something nice and dragging Joy out of bed. By the time we were downstairs all the members of BTS had joined us at our table. Everyone was smiling and laughing, talking like a happy family. I myself smiled at the site of that.

I sat across Jungkook and in between Joy and Taehyung. Tae was telling everyone  all of his childhood memories associated with this house. He told everyone how we met and instantly clicked off. I was smiling thinking about the past. I told everyone about how Tae was really whiny and that I'd always have to protect him and I was a rough kid when he pinched me and we immediately started to bicker and I pulled his ear.

"Hey I'm older than you! You can't do that!" He was screaming as everyone laughed and I poked my tongue out at him.

After we were settled again, Namjoon saw the grand piano in our house and suggested that the band played something for my mom as a thank you for the breakfast. Everyone agreed, and Joy and I clapped excitedly, assuming that this was a private concert for us. Yoongi sat at the piano and Namjoon sat on a stool placing his hand on the side of it to start off a beat, to use it as a drum. I recognised the song immediately as Yoongi played the first note. This was one of my favourite songs.

The boys sang it slowly, giving me goosebumps as I stared adoringly at them. They were so talented. I looked at Tae as he sang his 'Party Party' part and chuckled. Throughout the song Jungkook had his eyes closed and I softened at the sight of him. He was so dedicated to singing, I almost melted. His voice, his expression, his gestures, everything made me stare at him in awe. But when he sang the last chorus, it felt like a chaotic cluster of butterflies was trying to escape from my stomach and my heart felt like it would come out of my chest.

He looked straight at me and with a sincere look, he sang:

"Just one day, if I can be with you

Just one day, if I can hold your handsJust one day, if I can be with youJust one day (just one day)If only we can be together"

That is when I knew that I had completely lost myself.

✈️