Chapter 3 : The Letter

short chapter but bear with me it'll get better I swear it.

--------------------------------------------------

"Mel you have a letter." Isla says, walking up to me with her coffee in one hand and letters in the other.

"Ooh I never get mail! I wonder what it is?" I say, grabbing the letter. It has no return address and is written in beautiful lettering.

"Damn. They spent some time on that. Do I have another woman I should be worried about?" Isla laughs, putting her arms around my neck and kissing my cheek as I sit at the table and stare at the letter. I've gotten a letter that looked like this before. It was just a prank but I never found out who sent it. The contents were horrible. Someone pretending to be my mom. My only weak spot is my past, which she's part of. Well, I wouldn't say part of. I never knew her. I was left on the steps of an adoption agency and put into the system at a young age. I never found a forever home until I turned 18 and met Isla. Ive lived with her for a year now. 

I rip open the envelope and read the contents.

Hello my lovely flower.

I'm sorry I can't disclose my location to you, it would be too risky in the hands of everyone who touches mail. That makes me sound like a total psycho but I promise I'm not. Its for other reasons. I hope you got my last letter, and that you didn't chuck it in the first trash bin you saw. I miss you and I wish I could've watched you grow up from a closer distance.What a beautiful girl you've grown into. My beautiful girl. I hope to meet you one day, I just think its best I keep my distance for a while longer.

soon.

With Love, 

Lana

Ended the same way. 

With Love, Lana. Is that really her or just some cruel joke? I'm skeptical now. What if it is her?

"Baby you're gonna be late for class.Chop chop and eat your breakfast. Nutritious and delicious." Isla says, putting my plate in front of me. Typical Isla. Fruit, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, orange juice. I smile and kiss her as she bends to give me a fork.

"Thank you, my love."I eat quickly and shove the letter in my pocket before scrambling out the door.