Chapter Four. Complicated Angel

Chapter Four; Complicated Angel

Alyssa’s POV

 I couldn’t believe my eyes. I slammed the door behind me, preventing anyone from coming in. How could Dan be an angel? Angels don’t even exist. It isn’t physically possible for a good soul to be in solid form back on Earth, only ghosts can, but they are a mist you can’t feel physically. I needed time to take this in. I was interrupted by a noise that sounded like the sound faeries make when they cast a spell. I saw blue orbs forming in my room. I would scream, but it wasn’t scaring me. The tiny morsels of what looked like water swirled around the one spot in my room, until Dan’s figure was uncovered.

“Have you come to explain yourself?” I sighed, I barely looked at him.

“Alyssa, I’m not, well what you think I am.” He spoke under his breath.

“What is this, Twilight? Spit it out.” I spat sarcastically. He let out a hefty sigh.

“I’m a shadow watcher.” He looked down at his feet. I laughed without humor.

“Oh, so now we are on Charmed?” I scowled.

“You know, you were much more pleasant before the scowling started.” He spoke in a louder tone than usual. “Sorry. I’m usually able to control my temper.” He sighed, and sat next to me on the bed.

“I don’t expect you to control your temper. I’m not an easy person to get along with. You did nothing wrong, and I’m snapping at you.” I smiled, trying to lighten the mood. “So what is a shadow watcher?” I laughed, and he smiled.

“We are like the demon hunters of down worlders, the goodie goodies, the golden boys.” He had a crooked smile. “A group of people called the Forctis, or the strong in Latin, existed in the twenties— my true time— they were demon hunters, but more of a cult you know? Anyway, they were experimenting on their children. My father was in the group, so they experimented on me at the age of nineteen. They made me immortal and almost like a guardian angel for their kind.” He began, looking into my eyes as he spoke.

“This would all be well and good, but there of course had to be a burden. It was that, I am cursed to forever live, until, not only I fall in love, but the other person falls in love with me.” He sighed.

“Why aren’t you mortal then? Agnes loved you apparently.” I asked.

“She never said it though. Besides, it’s like illegal for any down worlders and demon hunters to fall in love.” He frowned.

“Oh, so it’s sort of a Beauty and the Beast thing?” I asked, and quickly added, “But you aren’t a beast.”

“You could say that, yeah.” He smiled at my comparison. There was a knock at the door.

“What?” I shouted.

“My dad is here!” Brenna shouted from the other side of the door.

“We’ll be right out!” I shouted back, and I heard her rush away.

“Are you ready to meet the magnificent Walcott?” I asked sarcastically. Dan laughed, but followed me out anyway.

 Walcott was a strange looking man. He has beach blond hair and pale brown eyes. He has a round nose that doesn’t match his skinny head. His arms and legs are like skinny branches on a tree, minus the leaves that is. Scratch that, occasionally there are leaves. The best way to describe Walcott is, ditzy. He often has dumb witted comments and responses. He’s the type of person who doesn’t understand sarcasm either. I never liked him, and never will.