Chapter Five. Daniel

Chapter Five; Daniel

Dan’s POV

 I was surprised when Alyssa didn’t let go of my kiss. I loved the sweet taste of her lips against mine when she kissed me, it was a feeling I couldn’t describe. She reminded me of Agnes, but it was different with her. I guess it was the fact that she was younger. I wasn’t sure.

 Of course, no one knew it was all Walcott’s fault this was happening. He got me thinking about it more anyway. What happened was, he was cleaning my wounds, and we got into a friendly conversation.

“So, has Edward always been such a cranky guy?” My voice was slightly muffled when I spoke to him, still a bit upset about the fact that I knew Edward wished I was dead. Walcott’s response surprised me.

“It only started after Agnes left. He was a good man you know. He cared for all the young demon hunters as if they were his own children which, two of them are.” He spoke with much respect towards Edward. I liked that.

“How long have you known them—the kids?” I asked him. He chuckled to himself.

“I’ve known them for a lifetime truly.” He answered.

“What’s Alyssa’s deal?” We both smiled as I asked.

“She has a bit of a temper on her I must admit. But, she has a heart, you must remember that. She has been under plenty of pressure lately. She’s been pretty much raising Dylan and the twins alongside Liam, since the Raveners are so consumed in business. She matured at such a young age—” He trailed off.

“How was she before Agnes—left?” I asked.

“Less mature, more like, well you’ve met young Dylan right?” Walcott smiled at me.

“Has she ever, dated?” I asked casually after a short silence.

“She was with Liam for a short time, but they both didn’t enjoy the relationship as far as I’m told.” He answered briefly.

 Alyssa and Liam? Now that I thought about it, it was very possible. I wondered what went wrong, they being so close and all. I didn’t want to seem like a stalker, so I decided to leave it at that.

I saw Brenna and Piper returning with a woman who I assumed was Hazel Ravener. She was tanner than her children, but not full blown golden. Her hair was jet black with short bangs. Her cheek bones were high and her eyes seemed stern. She didn’t seem motherly, more like a witch I had met previously in my life.

“Good day Walcott,” Hazel barely smiled, her eyes motioning him to leave. He didn’t get the hint. She cleared her throat, and smiled as he realized her point. Walcott left the room. She stared at me with her rigid eyes.

“You must be Daniel.” She said it without a hint of emotion.

“You are correct.” I answered just as emotionlessly.

“Children, please leave.” She turned to speak to the girls and Dylan.

“I don’t—” Dylan began.

“Dylan.” Her voice was firm and he nodded. The three of them left the room. Hazel sighed and looked at me.

“Just by looking at you I know I should apologize for my husband’s behavior.” She broke our silence.

“No harm was caused.” I bit my lip slightly.

“He isn’t the biggest fan of half-bloods in general.” She half smiled. “So, why are you here?” She asked.

“Alyssa pretty much saved my life.” I confessed.

“Funny, didn’t the Forctis envision it the other way around?” She joked without a humorous tone. “I assume you are in love? You are at that age. Every girl is ‘the one’ right?” She asked.