Chapter 1

Every baby born is givin a necklace. Not any other necklace, a necklace that gets warmer everytime you are close to your second half. What do you mean second half? Legend says we were all made with four arms , four legs, and two heads, fearing such power Zeus split us in half and we are here to search for our second half. This necklace just makes this search easier. Some people go miles looking for their second half most don't.

This is the story of how i found my half.

So, you see, I'm your typical high school senior I have brown hair and grey eyes. Everyone found their half but me. Yeah i know embarassing right? Anyways back to the story. I live with my mom and my little brother Jake. He has tanned skin and short dark brown hair like me but he has my dad's gray-blue eyes. My father died when i was 10 and Jake was 5. My mother still has his necklace he made into a key chain. Every night i hear her cry herself to sleep it's been 8 years since dad died and she still cries. So do i. The alarm wakes me up and i go downstairs and I noticed that there was a beer in our refrigerator. What? No one drinks in this house why is there a beer in here? I take it out to find out it's empty. Wow. I look at the clock it reads 7:30 school doesn't start until 8:30 so i have time. I go into my mothers room to find her in the bed there were two empty whiskey bottles on the floor. What the fuck? She never drank why now? Ugh whatever so i go into Jake's room and he's sleeping so peacefully i almost don't want to wake him up. "Wake up Jake time for school." I shook him for a while. But like i predicted he rolled over. I pushed him off the bed and sure enough he jumped up "Why did you do that!?" he yelled. "Mornin' Sunshine." i said with a smile. "Scar why did you do that to me?" he asked in rather a powty voice. "Cause you made me." i replied. "Go shower and make cereal." i ordered. "Okay." He said as he left.

*Ding* "I GOT IT!" I yelled like anyone actually cared. "Hey Scarlette!" Bethany squealed huging me tightly. "Hey Bethany!'' I said barely able to breath from her hard embrace . "Where's Jake? I have something for him." She asked pulling something out of her backpack. "In the shower. Wachya get him?" She smiled big "Only a new controller for his PS3." She pulled out a wrapped box. "Shutup!" I said in shock. "Hopefully this will get him to." I laughed because she was right he never did shutup about how fucked up his old controller was. Just then Jake came running down the stairs hair soaked and dripping. "BETHANY!!!" He screamed. Like me he loved her like a sister. She gave him a hug and said, "I got something for you.." He looked eagerly at what she was pulling out "Here." She gave him the box and he ripped that thing open in 2.4 seconds. "No. Fucking. Way....." He said. "Way." She said smiling. As they went on with the thanking and your welcoming shit i dozed off. Why is mother drinking now? Was she drinking before? What if she has been drinking ever since dad died? "SCARLETTE!" Bethany yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. "What?" i asked annoyed. "We are gonna be late!". Ohh yea, school. Damn do i feel like a blonde. As we walked to school i saw this girl Melony she was with her half Micheal. As we walked pass her i heard her smirk. "I'm going to kill that girl." I said through my clenched teeth. "Calm down Scarlette she's a bitch don't let her get to you." She squeezed my arm and pulled me to walk faster.