Chapter 7: The Hospital Again

I raced through the hospital corridors turning a deaf ear to everybody’s warnings. Susan’s message had baffled me.

The moment Kyle had parked the car at the hospital entrance I had jumped out and run inside without turning back to look at him.

When I reached the intensive care unit I was completely out of breath having taken the stairs to this floor. As I was hurrying towards Brian’s ward I glanced back slightly and saw that Kyle had followed me in. I could see that he was worried but I needed to know what was wrong with Brian first.

The moment I reached Brian’s ward I barged in through the door, not even waiting to knock.

The sight that met my eyes made my jaw drop.

(Brian’s P.O.V)

I was still a bit dizzy and my eyes felt heavy. Every single muscle in my body hurt and my back was sore due to the lack of movement. I don’t know for how long I had been out but I guess it was pretty long.

I was surrounded by my team-mates. There was Susan and Nathan, holding hands, I think they have finally overcome their shyness and asked each other out or maybe it’s just that they are happy that I have woken up. Nevertheless, they looked relieved. As did the others, Agent Henry Shannon and Patrick McCarthy to name them.

Still there was someone missing. Where the hell was Crystal? I am sure she got the news. Was she deliberately avoiding me? It was so much like her to blame herself without reason, or was she hurt too? The thought made shivers run through my spine. What if she was? I had promised to protect her but here I was lying on this goddamn bed, paralyzed.

“Where is Crystal?” I asked in a faint whisper, dreading the answer.

“I don’t know, I tried calling her but she isn’t picking up nor is she replying to my texts,” Susan answered, looking perplexed.

“WHAT? Ouch!” my aggravated reaction hurt my chest, where the bullet had gone through.

“Don’t move mate!” Nathan said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

Just then the door of my room burst open and someone barged in.

“WHAT IS WRONG????WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG????TELL M----,” she was cut off when she saw me looking at her with a amused expression

“You….You woke up?”She asked, blinking her eyes repeatedly in shock.

“Shouldn’t have?” I asked, tilting my head to the side.

“Shut up!” she shrieked and ran to embrace me, but Nathan stopped her in time.

“What?” she said confusedly.

“He is still sore, don’t crush him to death,” Nathan told her, cockily.

She slapped him on the arm and turned to Susan, “You idiot!!! Why couldn’t you send me a complete message??? Does your hand ache in typing a proper message? It was so vague!! I got so worried!!”

“Calm down girl! By the way were you worried about me?” I asked, teasingly.

“You shut up! Don’t you dare speak to me! Brainless creep! Didn’t I tell you not to confront Hope??? Who asked you to run to him with a gun!!!!” she screamed at me.

I laughed, “Don’t get riled up, sweetheart. Where were you by the way?”

Her expression turned sheepish, “um….well, actually…”

But before she could say something another person entered the room.

“Has something happened? Why are you screaming Shorty?” he asked Crystal.