Chapter 6: The Date( part one)

Chapter 5: The Date

(Kyle’s POV{Point of view})

I hated lying to her.

But, Frank Hope had become a liability; he had to be disposed off.

As I walked out of the hospital doors I could not help but smile at Crystal’s ignorance, she still hadn’t recognized me.  Not that I blamed her, it had been almost fifteen years since we last met.

I never thought I was going to see her again.

 It was just a chance meeting at the café. Had she not looked up at me with those piercing brown eyes of hers I would never have realized who she was.

I reached my car that was parked outside and got in giving the driver the address of my destination.

“Josh, drive to the old shack. I need to tie some loose ends,” I said.

“Sure thing, boss,” Josh replied as he pulled out of the parking lot.

It was a long drive to the shack so I rested my head on the backrest of the seat and closed my eyes.

My mind wandered back to that hot summer day, the day I was moving out of my house…..

(Flashback of Kyle’s past):

“Get ready Kyle. I am almost done,”

I heard my mom calling me from down the stairs.

“Yes, mom. Almost done,” I replied, hastily putting the final touch on the little necklace I was making.

When I was done I hurried down the steps and rushed out of my house before my mom could stop me. I walked over to my next door neighbor’s house and knocked on the door. The knock was louder than I expected. After a while the door was opened by a short lady, with brown hair that was tied at the nape of her neck. She had on an apron and held a ladle in one hand.

“Kyle? Come in son, I was just making your favorite chocolate cake so that you can take it with you on the road,” she said, with a sweet smile.

“Mrs. Wingett, can I meet Crystal? Where is she?” I asked, in a hurry.

“Oh, she is in her room Kyle. She is really upset,” Mrs. Wingett replied, her smile faltering.

I could feel my own eyes stinging. “Can I go up to her room, Mrs. Wingett?” I asked, quietly.

“Yes, Kyle, why not,” Mrs. Wingett moved out the door way allowing me to come in. I instantly bolted up the stairs to Crystal’s room and knocked on her door.

“Go away,” I heard her muffled reply.

“Crystal, it’s me,” I said, banging on the door louder now.

“Kyle?” I heard along with her hurried footsteps coming towards the door.

Suddenly the door was wrenched opened and she flung herself on me, tackling me to the ground.

“Crystal,” I whispered, worried.

“Don’t go Kyle,” Crystal cried, tears falling down her cheeks.

“Get of me first, Crissy,” I told her, gently pushing her away from me.

She got up and ran to her room, towards the window, keeping her back to me,

I followed her in and put a hand on her shoulder. She was so short that I towered over her, enveloping her entire small and fragile frame in my shadow. She faced me and slowly looked up at me. Her eyes were welled up with tears and black tear streaks ran down her cheeks. She hugged me again and cried silently on my shoulder.