Chapter 3

I was asleep in bed when Gale wakes me up. Time to get up Alanna. But I don't want to go to school today! Just get up. Fine. I got out of my bed and threw on a long sleeved gray shirt that was easy to move in. To top it off I wore black high tops.

I grabbed a piece of toast then ran out the door and jogged my way to school with my hair in a ponytail.
(Time Skip to the end of the day)
For some reason we have an assembly at the end of day.

Rusty took a deep breath. This was considered the "easy part" finding the the other dragon riders could be anywhere on Earth, or the magic realm. What Rusty wouldn't give for another Keeper to help her, or maybe even ten more. She just had to scan the crowd of middle schoolers for dragon elements within them, with her powers. Easy right? Not. She would have to scan them all, everyone has a magical element inside of them, she would have a giant headache by the time this was over. She walked into the gymnasium and nervously rubs the tattoos on her wrists and forearm. On her left wrist was a bright blue phoenix. Her right wrist had a crimson wolf tattoo. Her forearm had a pink dragon. Her partners. Rose and the other magical creatures couldn't travel into the human realm without human or human-like help. And vice versa. Even human-like magical creatures had to choose between turning into a creature if their element or turn into a human. Keepers and Dragon riders were the only exceptions. Rusty knew she had to find them before she found them first. Sparrow, a powerful keeper. She is not only powerful but she is also one of the oldest keepers and she is a dark keeper, while Rusty is a light keeper, protecting of all things good and light, Sparrow is a dark keeper, encouraging the dark creatures to rise and fight for her cause. All dark creatures crave power, and what could be more temping to a dragon rider who never knew about the powers they possess than a dark keeper demonstrating her power and offering a chance to be as powerful. This is why Rusty needs to find them first.

All these thoughts and others fly through her mind as the students file in, Rusty scanning each on as they did. Rusty! I sensed a water dragon rider, and earth! They are by Alanna! Really Rose? This is great news! All we need to do now is find fire, and of course fire isn't with the other three, it always has to be the most difficult to find. Rusty hear Faith, her wolf chuckle. Fire away from water? What a surprise. Yeah, yeah I know, but opposites attract right? Fir some people, fire and water are a gamble. Rose, Faith, the feathery voice of Blister, the phoenix chuckle as Rusty tried to reason with them.

I feel Rusty's eyes pass over me, Zack, and Zambia, it felt like Rusty was searching for something. But what could she be looking for? I know~, but you'll learn when you go come over to Rusty's! Jerk! Then why did you tell me you knew why? Because it slightly funny. Not to me! Pay attention, we can argue later about this. Gale shut me out as I focused on Rusty.

Rusty's eyes passed over Zambia, causing the dark haired and blue eyed girl to lock eyes with her.

Zack felt Rusty's eyes pass over him and he shivered. She possibly couldn't know his secret, could she? Zack sat in between Zambia and Alanna, something wasn't completely human about Zambia, but, it could just be the fact she likes school, his main focus was the Alanna. He pretended to focus on the keeper as he planned her demise. We shouldn't kill the Keeper Zack, it's wrong. Shush Pit, we'll make it quick, we're doing her a favor, it would be worse if Mom did it. That's true, but we don't have to be like her. I'm going to focus on the Keeper now. Zack pushed Pit out and zoned in on Rusty.

Rusty gave a small jump as Faith whined. I sense a dark aura, but it's not completely dark... I'm sure it's just greed of other students.

Zambia listened to Rusty intently, drinking in her words. I payed back attention to her as she reached mythical creatures and human legends about them.
"Now, dragons are not proven to be real, but there aren't many believers now as there were in the medieval times. But there are legands saying in some cases, a dragon would let a human ride them, the two then shared a bond, connecting them mentally, and sometimes the other could feel the other's pain, both physical and mentally," she smiles and chuckles, "or so legands say. We call them Dragon riders." She continues to lecture us about myths and legands. Soon kids were filling out so I got up and sighed to find Zack and Zambia gone. I went to grab my stuff and headed outside, Mom said I would be walking home. I headed down the sidewalk and it felt like someone was following me. I shrugged it off and continued the argument that Gale cut off. You know, if you're not human, you act alot like one. You have no clue my friend.