Chapter 5

(Rusty at the top)
Star and Zack heard footsteps and Star starting shaking.
"I-its a keeper..." Zack put his hand on her shoulder.
"I'll take her, you go hide." Star nods and hands Zack Alanna and she runs into a gap between the magical realm and the human realm.

Pit was laying in his nest in Sparrow's stronghold, as much as he didn't want to be there, he enjoyed listening to Zack being himself and not obeying his mother. Pit jumped up when he felt his mate's panic.

Rusty ran over to Zack, and he was holding Alanna. He handed her to Rusty.
"I found her on the ground." Faith growls. Yeah right, something is up with this kid... Maybe Faith, but we need to focus on Alanna, we have to get her to Gale.
"Thanks, you seem familiar."
"It must be the face, I'm Zack, I'm new and Alanna and her friend, Zambia are really the only people around here I know." Rusty smiles and takes Alanna from him.
"Nice to meet you Zack, I'm Rusty, I'll make sure she's taken care of." Rusty heads off to her house to treat Alanna.

Zack watched Rusty leave and goes to the gap to find Star.
"She's gone, Star." The fairy poked her head out and stepped back through.
"Was it Sparrow? Did she come to take the girl?"
"No, it was the girl's friend, the light Keeper."
"I feel bad for the human."

Rusty came to Gale's domain.
"Gale! I have Alanna!" Gale dove down to the ground and curled about Alanna. Don't worry Alanna, I'll protect you. I've got you now.

When I come to, I groan as I sit up on my bed- wait... my room doesn't look this nice.

That girl! This has to be her place! The only thing I remember was that girl-Star putting a cloth on my mouth

That girl! This has to be her place! The only thing I remember was that girl-Star putting a cloth on my mouth. I get to my feet and the door opens to reveal, Rusty?
"Rusty? What are you doing here?"
"Umm, I live here. This is my house."
"But the girl, she kidnapped me!"
"Thankfully I got to you in time, but she got away."
"Thanks Rusty." Rusty smiled at me and helped me to the kitchen table.

" Rusty smiled at me and helped me to the kitchen table

"Rusty, your house is beautiful!" Rusty chuckles. She helps me sit down and goes to grab food.
"Not really, I've seen better. Like you house."
"Mines so broken down though!"
"But it's full of memories, money can buy alot, but not loving memories or love."
"Is it just you?"
"No, the house is full but, you never know who is in what room."
"So it's like a hotel?" Rusty laughs and I don't see the humor.
"You could say that," She sets down the food and I lick my lips hungrily at the cheesecake. Rusty laughs and smiles, "What are you waiting for? Dig in!" I stare at her and take a slice.
"You made this whole thing?" Rusty shakes her head.
"No, Adelita made the whole thing for you."
"Who's Adelita?"

Rusty smiles. She looks at the small Brownie watching Alanna eating the cheesecake.
"Adelita is Brow- brownie specialist. She's a friend of mine." Alanna takes a bite and moans at the taste of it.
"This is amazing! If she a specialist in brownies I can't wait to taste them if she gives me a chance! If I can't see her tell her thanks for me!" Adelita beams at Alanna's compliment on her cooking. She runs upstairs and Rusty takes a piece of cheesecake for herself. Bring some for us! We love Adelita's cooking! Later, I have to talk with Alanna about her being a dragon rider.

I fight back a glare as Rusty takes a piece. Adelita made it for you... What's wrong sharing..? Nothing, it's just Adelita's cooking is one of the best things I've ever tasted. Amen to that Gale. Weird, her voice sounds louder. I look at Rusty and her face goes serious.
"Alanna, remember that lecture I gave on mythical creatures?"
"Ya, why?"
"They're real."
"What?"
"They're real, mermaids, sirens, imps, fairies, nymphs, dragons and dragon riders." I stare at her.
"Really?" Rusty nods.
"All mythical creatures belong to at least one the for main elements- Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind. There are secondary elements like spiritual, natural, and knowledge."
"How do you know this?"
"You remember how I told you about the Keeper beings?"
"Are you one?"
"Yup, it's my job to keep natural order in the human realm- the one we're in now- and the magical realm." I stood up and put a hand on my forehead.
"This is crazy, this stuff isn't real!"
"Alanna I know this is hard to acc-"
"Shut up! I went all the way through elementary and 7th grade believing in myths. Don't make jokes about it!"
"I'm no-"
"Yes you are! Saying that they are real!" Rusty looked annoyed and hurt.
"Then explain to me Gale's voice in your head." I stare at her shocked.
"How did you kn-"
"I know alot of things Alanna. And I'm not joking," She points to a door. "Go through that door and see Gale for yourself, she is not a human. She's a dragon. Your dragon I should say. You're a dragon rider, your powers are manifesting and you need to know how to use them, that girl that captured you, isn't a girl. She is a fairy. Someone who wants to control your power for her own gain wants you in her stronghold. I won't let her get you if I can help it, but you need to be able to protect yourself in case or I should say when you're attacked." I stare at her and go to the door. I hesitated opening the door. When I did, I wasn't looking into a room. I was looking into a plain with mountains in the distance and a couple lonely trees. Then I saw a giant dragon taking off for flight. It was beautiful, with a narrow body and large powerful wings, everything about the dragon appeared to be made for flying fast and gracefully through the air like an arrow. I call out to the dragon.
"Gale?" The dragon lands and grins at me and nods. I gape and pet her. She was soft and warm, as if she's been in the sun for hours, which she probably was.

 She was soft and warm, as if she's been in the sun for hours, which she probably was

(Gale above in her domain)