- Not Myself -

P.O.V: 1st Person.
T.W: Physical abuse/violence

This is kinda long.

Nick and I have been traveling on and off together, following the case of Shaun for over a week now. We return to Diamond City.

I close the gate behind us before beginning our ascent into the stadium. Reaching the top of the stairs, Nick flicks his cigarette to the side and steps on it. The smoke fades into nothing under his shoe.

"You know, smoking's bad for you." I smirk, keeping up pace with him as we step down into the city. "Wait, how do you even smoke? You don't have lungs..."

"Don't think too much about it." He chuckles, placing his hands comfortably in his pockets.

"Do you just let them burn out in your mouth to look cool? 'Cause you totally do." I joke. He raises an eyebrow at me, before smiling and shaking his head at the ground.

"Let's get you to the doc."

We step up into the little corner where Doctor Sun was set up. I notice he's getting ready to close up.

"Wait!"

"I'll be able to sell you supplies in the morning. It's late." He says, not even giving me a second thought.

"Please, I don't need supplies. I just got back from the Glowing Sea. Too many rads." I press my arms together, crossing them. "It'll only take a minute."

"Alright, fine." He sighs. "But you are lucky you got here before I closed. I'm not treating anyone after hours."

"Thanks, Doctor. I can always count on you." I say, with a hint of mockery.

"I wouldn't." He nearly hisses, prepping a needle.

~

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow, Valentine." I smile at him. "We've almost closed this case. We've almost got Shaun."

"We're almost there, alright. Almost." He smiles back, and we head our opposite ways. I am thoroughly sore from the past two days, what with the non-stop traveling for the full 48 hours and all. I'm not even tired, though.

After all, how could I sleep knowing my baby's out there somewhere in the hands of some strangers?

~

My snoring comes to an abrupt halt due to the front door shutting. I lean forward, peering down between the floor boards to see who came in.

Standing up quietly, I shuffle down the stairs.

"Nick?" I call out. "Who's here?"

Once I reach the bottom of the stairs, I see Nick standing in the dark, nothing but his glowing orange irises and his burning cigarette. I step over in his direction, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

Before I know what's happening, I'm suddenly met with his cold metal hands against my forearms, and pushing me against the wall and hitting my head.

"Ouch! What the-? What are you doing?!" I open my eyes in a squint, seeing only his face inches from mine. His expression, blank and creepy. The lit part of his cigarette burns my cheek. "Ow... Nick?!"

He speaks. His voice, not even that of his. It's muffled, like it's being played from an old static radio.

"Guess again."

Kellogg.

"I... I fucking killed you.... bastard..." I groan, struggling against him, not wanting to hurt Nick.