Chapter 8

*Anna, The secretary POV*

I came early to the office today to sort some things out. As usual, I'm the only one there.

Suddenly at 8:15am, Ms.Dion and Mr.Angelil came.

"That's strange", I thought to myself while greeting them.

They never came in this early before.

"Ma'am? Sir? Both of you are in really early today!"

Mr.Angelil smiled at me and said "well, we wanted to make an announcement when everybody is here. Oh! Please inform every staff to go to the meeting room at 9am."

"Alright sir!"

*************************************

It's 9am already and every staff is waiting for Mr.Angelil and Ms.Dion to come in to the meeting room.

The room was filled with excitement as there was hardly any meetings like this before where EVERYBODY was in.

By everybody, I mean, FREAKING EVERYBODY, even the cleaners! The room was so packed!

Many people, me included, were kinda curious to know what this meeting is about.

"Maybe they have to send some of us home??", said one of the staff with horror.

"My god, no they won't!", replied the accountant.

"Well, are we gonna get an increase in salary??", asked the staff again.

Suddenly, the room went quiet as Mr.Angelil and Ms.Dion came in.

*Celine Dion, The Boss POV*

When Rene and I walked in to the meeting room, it was PIN DROP SILENCE.

It was so quiet that I could hear the air conditioning very loudly.

I looked at Rene.

He was calm and gave a smile.

This is it, I thought to myself while I'm patiently waiting for Rene to speak.

"I would like to thank every single one of you for being here today. I would like to express my gratitude to all of the staffs for being so loyal to the company, and to me as well..........."

While Rene was still speaking, I could see that everybody was getting very nervous as they don't know what's about to happen.

"I just want all of you to know that I cherish each and every one of you, yes, even you Simone! For always making sure that my office is spotless!" he said while shedding a tear.

"After being in this company for so long, I've decided that................the time has come.................."

"For my departure................."

Everybody in the room had their jaws wide open.

"SIR? What?? Why??Who's going to run the business together with Ms.Dion? Who's going to make sure that we're doing well?" said Anna with utter shock.

Rene just smiled and said ,"I've spent all my life in this business always trying to achieve greater heights, but because of that, I had to sacrifice my health."

I looked at everybody and said "Yes, just recently, Rene had been diagnosed with cancer..........."

This news brought a second wave of shock to everybody, so shocking that even Simone, the cleaner, fainted in an instant.

"But it's alright! I'm ready to step down and hand our company over to my trusted friend, Mr. Aldo Giampaolo. The reason I appointed him as our new CEO is because I know I can count on him, and I know he can help the company in many ways."

His face was filled with tears. They were tears of joy.

I was really proud of Rene after he said that. I know it was really hard for him to step down from our company which both of us brought up with blood and sweat.

Without hesitation, I gave him a hug.

Everybody in the room was devastated that he was leaving, but they went over to me and Rene to say their final goodbye.

After all of the staffs expressed their gratitude to Rene, he finally bid them farewell.

"Make me proud, alright?" were the

last words he said before leaving.

*Anna, The Secretary POV*

A lot of things were running through my mind after hearing that Mr.Angelil will be leaving.

A new CEO??

What??

He had cancer??

WHAT???!!

I was still in utter shock to even think straight now.