01

*beep beep beep*

Jeongin awoke to the sound of his alarm going off.

He sat up and turned the alarm off, checking the time on his phone to see it was six o'clock in the morning, meaning he had twenty minutes to get ready and start the five minute walk to his bus stop.

He sat up and walked over to his light, flipping the switch up and squinting his eyes at the harsh brightness.

He sleepily walked over to his dresser and began rummaging through the organized drawers to try and find what he was going to wear.

It's my first day of high school.  He thought to himself. I need to make a good impression.

He picked out a plain white tee-shirt with blue skinny jeans and black sneakers.

He walked over to his mirror on the back of his door and examined himself.

He looked himself up and down, fixing things that were out of place, moving his hair around and what not.

He then smiled at himself, before quickly dropping it.

He played his hand over his mouth and frowned.

My braces.

He thought to himself.

They're not that bad. Are they?

He opened his mouth and took a look at his braces, moving his face from side to side to get a better view of them.

He sighed, knowing there wasn't anything he could do about it.

He walked in to the bathroom across the hall from his room and brushed his teeth, making sure to check between his braces and see if there was anything there, to which there was not.

He walked down the stairs and was greeted by his parents who sat at the dining table eating breakfast.

With his school bag over his shoulder, he walked to the front door and yelled a good bye to his parents.

"Bye mom, bye dad, I'll see you when I get home!" He said.

"Jeongin! Are you not going to eat breakfast?" His mom called back.

"Im running late, I'm going to miss the bus." He said before exiting the house.

As he closed the door, he placed the other strap of his bag over his other shoulder and began walking to the bus stop.

Once he came to the stop, he stood and waited.

As soon as the bus arrived, he took a deep breath and stepped on to it.

As he walked passed the seats, he saw everyone had the same look on their face; a glare.

They weren't glaring at him, rather, they were all either glaring out the window or at their phones in their laps.

Jeongin took the first empty seat he spotted that was at the very back of the bus, it seemed people were avoiding it, but, Jeongin couldn't take any other seat. He couldn't bring himself to ask to sit with someone.