Chapter 2. Diana's a What?

Diana woke up a strange place. She had no clue where she was. She was sitting on a bed with white sheets that had white curtains around it. A blond teenage boy sat near her. "You're awake! Hi, I'm Will Solace!"

"Where am I?"

"This is Camp Half-Blood! All of us are demigods. We have gods for one of our parents and a normal parent for the other."

"Gods? Like Athena and Hermes and Apollo?"

"Exactly! I'm surprised you named my dad, Apollo, but not any of the Big Three."

"Big Three? Hades, Poseidon and Zeus?"

"Yes. You know quite a bit about gods. Do you think you know which might be yours?"

"My mama kept telling me my dad would protect me and that he loved me before she died a week and a half ago." Diana had become numb to the subject of her mom. She felt no anger or sadness. She just felt a sort of emotionlessness like happiness and sadness both burned in a fire inside her mind. "She didn't say anything about him other than that. She never showed a huge interest in any of the gods either. She did talk about Apollo a lot, I guess. But he's the god of lots of stuff, isn't he?"

"He is. It'd be cool to have another sister though."

"You seem like you'd make a good brother." Diana always sort of wanted siblings.

The room seemed to fill with golden light. Diana looked at herself, and she was glowing. Above her head was a harp and an arrow.

"It seems like you're my sister."

"Cool!"

"You still haven't given me your name."

"I'm Diana Marith."

"Nice to meet you, Diana. Would you mind telling me if there's a reason you're underweight?"

"I didn't have a place to go. My mama died, remember? The place I'm from was under attack. A lot of other people were homeless, and land was lost. There wasn't enough food."

"You'll have plenty of food here."

"Good, I'm hungry."

Diana got along well with her brother and the rest of her siblings. She quickly made friends with a daughter of Demeter named Raelynn. Raelynn was strange, very strange. Diana also really liked Will's boyfriend, Nico. Nico seemed to find her annoying at first but started to like the girl. Soon, Nico became her big brother too.

Diana could never forget her past though. Sometimes, she got into her emotionless state. Those states became worse as she got older until it became a thing for her to sit alone and not respond to anyone. It worried Will, Nico, Austin, and Kayla. None of them talked about it in front of Diana to avoid making her upset.