Chapter 3: Don't Forget Where You're From

It'd been three years since Diana had went to Camp. She barely ever thought about 'home' anymore. Camp Half-Blood was her home. Sometimes, she missed her mom very much, but she didn't let that stop her. She was twelve now. That warranted a talk from Nico and Will about boys, girls, and anyone else that she might want to date. She rolled her eyes so many times she gave herself a headache.

Raelynn found it hilarious and immediately went around looking for a potential boyfriend. She asked any and every guy their age if they'd date her friend. It was awkward when they said no and even more awkward when they said yes. It was still all in good fun.

One morning, Diana woke up with a sticky note on her hand. It said, "Don't forget where you're from, Diana. They need you."

She showed it to Will. He, Nico, and Raelynn were the only ones who knew exactly what happened. They all tried to shake it off, but they couldn't.

The next morning, Diana woke up in an alley. A sticky note that said "Cadet Corps" was on her hand. She decided she needed to join. She thought maybe Apollo was doing this. She more hoped it, really.

During the welcome ceremony, she wasn't talked to. She must've looked pretty tough, she figured. She didn't really make friends with any of the other people in the 105th. She was too creepy and reclusive. She snuck off to Iris message her family whenever she could.

Soon enough, three years were up. Diana waited for the top ten be announced. She was number one. Even though she was more reclusive when they weren't training, she was a leader and earned respect. Of course, she also earned envy. She didn't let it bother her. A lot of people who didn't come in the top ten but wanted to told her to enjoy the Military Police. She was adamant on not going though. She wanted to be a Scout because of the man who saved her life, Levi Ackerman, and the MPs who treated her badly only cemented her resolution.

At the ceremony, she listened to Commander Erwin Smith enthusiastically. When people started to act up, she simply reached over and grabbed their shoulder and gave them a 'grow up' look. They always stopped. Diana may have been 5'2", but she was threatening.

At the end, the Commander dismissed everyone joining other corps. Diana looked behind her at everyone leaving. She didn't even have a second thought though. After a minute, she stood alone looking at the Commander. "You are brave. You have my respect. Now, give your heart!"

Diana saluted with meaning. Back at the headquarters, Erwin and Hanji introduced her to Levi, little did they know, the pair had met.

"Nice to meet you again."

"You're still alive?"

Diana looked down at herself and patted her arms. She looked back up with a serious expression. "It appears I am."

"You were so pleasant back then. What happened?"

"You called me a brat three times in two minutes."

"And? Come on, brat."

"Fine." Levi took Diana around the headquarters personally. He took Diana down to the dormitory.

"And if you make a mess, I will kill you." He made to push her lightly into the room, but Diana flinched. He raised his brow but didn't ask. Diana didn't say anything, so he decided not to address it at the moment.

Diana sat down on her bunk and looked at Levi. "In all seriousness, thanks for saving me. I would have died without you." Levi nodded and left quickly. Diana went to bed and fell asleep after about two hours.

The next morning, she woke up late. She got ready semi-quickly but knew she'd be in trouble. Hanji told her she should be training with Levi and rushed her along. She heard Levi's saying, "She looks like Crista. She fights like Mikasa. She lost her mother when the wall fell. I don't know about her dad, but..." Levi turned away from the 104th Scouts to the slowly approaching Diana. "Speak of the damn devil. Could you move any slower?"