Chapter 8: The Right Family

"I'm just saying what I heard. She was going to get vengeance if Armin or Levi died." Diana realized it was Crista's voice.

"What was that?" This time Sasha spoke.

"There's someone over there. Might be Diana," Eren said.

"Diana's bigger than two feet tall," Levi said in an annoyed voice.

There was a sound of someone small falling down, someone jumping, and then, "Diwana! Diwana! Will! Hewlp me!" It was Tyler. Diana stormed into the clearing. Eren held his sword in front of him like Ty was a vicious murderer and not a three year old.

Diana picked up a stone and threw it an inch from Eren's face. "Do you have to take lives from both sides of my family?" Diana glared the entire time she spoke. Ty was crying. "Come here," she instructed as she held out her arms. Ty ran into them and shrieked from fear. Diana said nothing as she glared at every person in the clearing, including Erwin, Levi and Armin.

Diana turned and left with Ty. She couldn't understand anything he said and wasn't calm enough to sing to him. She kept telling him everything was okay, but he didn't listen. Diana came across the people she needed though.

Will and Nico looked terrified. Once they saw Ty and Diana, some of it changed to relief, but their expressions stopped them from celebrating. "Gods, we were looking for you, sis. What happened?"

"Scouts. Have a sister on mom's side. They killed her. Hope they don't follow."

Nico looked beyond pissed. "Permission to yell? Possibly kill?"

"Permission granted. Call them monsters and tell them they're the evil ones please."

"Will do," Nico confirmed.

"Austin and Kayla are waiting for you at the tents that way."

"Okay." Diana continued with Tyler while Will and Nico went to yell at the Scouts.

Will cursed to himself as they walked. Nico was used to Will's foul language. When they saw the Scouts, Nico got to the point by saying, "What the fuck is wrong with you? Diana's fifteen. Tyler's three."

Will stepped forward, he looked terrifying rather than friendly. "If someone has to die to appease you monsters, fucking kill me. Lay a hand on my sister one more time, and I'll kill you slowly."

"You're in charge of torture. I'll just cut their motherfucking heads off. Or you people can grow the fuck up. The last time I've acted like this, I was ten. I lost my sister, and if I lose another, it'll be much, much worse for you. If you think for a second anything is Diana's fault, you couldn't possibly be more wrong."

"Diana is sweet, innocent, and pure. If you think she killed anyone, I suggest we talk about your mental health."

"Diana was thrown into an awful life by her stupid father and was finally happy before this. If the only way for you to be happy is to kill, you're the evil ones. Diana is Diana, sweet, innocent, and caring. Not a sadistic murder."

"If it makes you feel better, Diana's currently turned off and won't talk to anyone. There's no fixing that either. We just have to hope she's okay."

Armin's face managed to drop even farther. "Is she okay?" His voice was so desperate Nico and Will knew he was actually concerned.

"It'll take some time. She found out she had a sister after she disappeared from us. Now she's dead, the very last part of her mother left."

Levi seemed to take a hard impact from that. "I think something similar happened after a mission. Instead of being warm and all, she was freezing and didn't respond with anything other than nods. Armin did something to make her okay again."

"It probably wasn't the full thing if she came out of it in less than a few hours. Regardless, what did you do?"

"I just talked to her ... and hugged her. But her eyes... they changed. They looked broken and icy." Armin shifted uncomfortably on his horse. He still wasn't sure why he thought it was a dream before.

"Come with us," Nico ordered. "Any chance is something."