Imagine #23

For Smalltail14 !!! Sorry for the wait!
Poe is going to meet the family and he wants their approval. The women of the family seem to quickly love Poe while the men....well, let's say they have a different plan when it comes to approving the relationship.
Side Note: Omg you guys don't tell me that is not the cutest pic^^!!😍
-------------------------------------------------------------------
You stood in the mirror fixing your hair for the 400th time maybe hoping for once it would stay in place, even though that was just never going to happen, it was worth a shot. You and Poe were headed to breakfast with your family, and both of you were a bit nervous in hopes they would accept your relationship. Your mother had already taken a big liking to Poe because she's seen, in the past, his capabilities of proving himself loyal. However, the men in your family needed some help in becoming more comfortable with Poe. The two of you were dressed nicely but not too dressy as the fact that it was just breakfast.
What Poe Wore:

What you wore: (You and Poe tended to match a lot)

"Poe, c'mon! We might be a little late if you take any longer!!" You yelled

"Oh please, we're late anyway for the hours you take on your hair!" He laughed. You punched him lightly and the two of you were on your way to the breakfast place.
"Dak...." Poe started. "If they....if your dad...doesn't...you know --" You cut him off with a small peck on the lips.
"Poe," You looked at him, "They're my family....I know they're going to love you."
When you got to the place, the two of you walked in and greeted your family. Poe shook hands with your brother, uncle and father and gave your mom, Leia, a hug. After you all were done eating, you noticed your dad, Han, had been staring at Poe almost the whole time. You grabbed Poe's hand reassuringly under the table to let him know it was going to be okay.
"So, Poe," Your uncle Luke started, "How's the new pilot line up running with you and Finn in charge?"
"Uh.. I'd say it was going pretty well si--"
"You walk into a room and see a resistance pilot newbie flirting with Dak..." Han interrupted. "What do you do?"
"Dad!" You shot him a glare.
"Han..." Leia gave him a warning look.
"What do you do, boy?" Han repeated through gritted teeth. Poe was silent for a long time.
"I set the pilot in his place, sir." He spoke up.
"Dak gets hurt...there's no one around, just you and your damn ship. What do you do then?" Your brother inquired.
"Ben, seriously ?!!" You glared at him the same way.
"Use first aid prompting from resistance training, gear the ship up and find a safe shuttle to get certified help from." Poe answered. You were a little shocked at your boyfriend's spry essence in answering the questions, but Leia just found it amusing.
"You've got a five day flight scheduled and you told Dak it was only one day's time, what do you say then?" Ben (Kylo) shot back.
"The truth, what else?" Poe gave you a look that made you laugh. By now it was just Ben asking all the questions and you were pretty sure he was just reading people's mind and asking for them.
"Your fighter is wrecked and all men are down, who do you call?"
"Dak first, X range second." Poe looked annoyed at this point.
"Dak is crying, she's just lost a friend in battle...how do you comfort her??"
"Ben..." Leia was growing tired of the interrogation that had gone a little too far.
"Be there in any way I can for her. Just let her know I'm there for her no matter what."
Poe's answer almost made you tear up just from hearing that one thing.
"Huh, that's all I need to know he's the one." Leia chuckled and sat back. Ben sat silent for a little while. The room was still for a moment.
"You and Dak have an argument..." Your uncle spoke up. "A heated one. You guys are almost afraid it's over. What do you tell her....after its all over...?"
Poe looked at him for a long time before answering, then he spoke up....but he was looking at you.
"I tell her I love her. Love is the most of anything I can give her, and as long as I'm alive nothing's breaking that. We'll be together no matter how rough life shakes us or how bad things get...or even how tense a situation may be. I love her. That never changes."
By this point you had let a few tears fall and Poe leaned in to peck you on the lips. Han stood up slowly and stretched his hand out to Poe.
"Welcome to the family, son." He said.
Poe shook his hand and with those words, Chewy, who was sitting at the end of the table cheered and Leia smiled and hugged you. You were so thankful for everything at this moment you were almost bursting with joy.

Hope you liked it!!