Chapter 1

Sleep. That’s all she wanted was five more precious minutes of sleep, but when Little Lewis wakes up, suddenly everyone else needs to wake up as well. Lewis’s unmerciful squawks forced Amy to throw her hand onto her night stand in search of her glasses.

 “All Right! Lewis, I’m up I don’t need your alarm anymore.” She shouted, sleep still there in her voice. 

 Amy, pushed the cold metal frames onto her face while a yawn escaped her mouth. She ran her hand through her Vibrant red hair as she opened her eyes. Within the few seconds she had her eyes open, the sun pouring through her window, rudely blinded her. She stood up from her bed and shielded her eyes as she left her room and trailed into the kitchen. She reached up into her cupboard, grabbed the coffee pot, and started the coffee.

 “Lewis want coffee,” Amy’s bird squawked and hooked his beak around the handle of his coffee mug as he drug is out of the dish drainer.

 The coffee maker’s alarm went off, causing Lewis to bob his head up and down in excitement until Amy filled his mug. Amy also filled her mug full of the Vanilla bean and cinnamon coffee, and took a long sip. A loud ring, from Amy’s phone, exploded into the apartment and startled the two. Amy skidded over the, cherry oak colored, floor to her cell phone on the counter.

“Hello?” she answered calmly waiting a reply from the other end. There was no answer. 

“Hello,” she answered once more, just in case the person on the other end didn’t hear her. 

“Amelia! My dear how are you?,” answered a deep voice on the other end of the line. 

“Umm sorry, but who is this?” She asked slightly feeling bad not knowing who it was. 

“Who else other than… your boss. Get your butt into work now you’re late.”

The sudden realization of the fact that this was her first time ever being late for work began to eat at her soul. Amy felt as if her heart dropped down into her stomach.

 “I… I’m. Mr. Dean, Sir I am so sorry I’ll be right in, Please forgive me this will never happen again,” she choked out. “It hadn't better.” He grummbled.

 Amy quickly hung up and swore to herself and dashed to her room, leaving Lewis alone with two mugs of coffee. Lewis scooted over to Amy’s mug and began to drink out of it. “My Coffee,” The bird chirped.

She walked past the table and grabbed her empty mug of coffee. “Lewis! That was mine. Bad Bird!” Amy scalded.

 “Lewis love coffee.” Lewis responded scooting back to his full mug.

 Amy groaned and ran out the door of her apartment. She speed walked down the sidewalk as she pulled her red hair into a messy bun and stuck her pen in it. As she continued walking she received many odd looks from other new york citizens. She finally reached the odd looking building known as, Dean’s Library and Museum.

                                                                           -----

 Once inside Amy quickly filled out her time sheet and why she was late. She signed into her computer and began to check in books. “My Hell, it’s about time you get here!” grumbled Mr. Dean.