Dasharatha

Dasharatha is the Father of Lord Rama. Dasharatha was a descendant of the Ikshvaku dynasty and the King of Ayodhya. His birth name was Nemi, but he acquired the name Dasharatha as his chariot could move in all ten directions, fly as well as come down on earth and he could fight with ease in all these directions. The followings are  King Dasharatha's Personal Informations.

Names: Nemi, Dasharatha, Aja Nanthana

Consort: Rani Kausalyaa, Rani Kaikeyi, Rani Sumitra

Children: Shanta (Daughter), Lord Rama, Lakshmana, Bharatha, Shatrughana

Parents: Maharaja Aja, Rani Indumati

Dead of Shravan Kumara: Once, Dasharatha went to forest to hunt. He heard the sound some animal drinking water from the river. So from far he shot an arrow towards the river. Unfortunately it wasn't an animal, it was a boy. He suffered in pain and died. Dasharatha felt ashamed with his behaviour. Then he went to see the boy's blind parents. When his parents come to know this, they cursed Dasharatha that today how they are suffering without their son, Dasharatha also will face the same fate. Due to this curse, Dasharatha suffered and died when Ran went to exile.

In Dasharatha's previous birth, He was a rishi called Kashyap. He was the devotee of Lord Vishnu and he was also the son - law of Prajapati Daksha ( Sati Devi's father). He and his wife Aditi get a boon from Lord Vishnu that The Lord Vishnu itself will be born as their son in their coming births after performing a very harf prayers. This is why Dasharatha was very close to Lord Rama who is the incarnation of Lord Vishnu.