FFTHH SCENE 1

1. INT

MORNING

SERENA'S BEDROOM

SOPHIA went to her daughter's room to wake her up. She knew that today is SERENA's special day and can't afford to miss it.

SOPHIA (MOM)

Ren, wake up sweetie; you have two hours to get ready.

Sophia tries to pull the covers off of Serena but to no avail.

SERENA

(Groans) But I'm too tired to get up. Can't you go by yourself? I mean, it is your party; not mine. So, it doesn't matter if I go or not.

Serena pulls the covers over her head in hopes that her mother will understand and leaves her alone. But unfortunately, that was too much for her to ask.

MOM

Ren, your first album is going to be release this summer and that is why we are having this party; to celebrate your success. Also, I mentioned to the organizers that you will perform three songs from the album live so you need to be there.

SERENA

YOU MENTIONED WHAT? (Shock while sitting up from the bed) Mom, you know I have never perform live, why would you do that?

MOM

Sweetheart, this is the first time you created an album and we did make a deal that if the company releases it, you will perform live for the whole world to see. Plus, all of your fans are dying to hear you sing live for the very first time. Won't you do it for them? After all, if it weren't for your fans, you wouldn't even be where you are now.

Sophia rubs Serena's back gently; trying to convince her daughter to go through with the agreement.

SERENA

(Sighs) Alright fine. I'll do it; but I won't like it. (Total defeat)

MOM

(Smiles brightly) That's my favourite superstar. I will wait for you downstairs with your breakfast ready. You have... (Looks at her watch) one hour and fifty minutes left to get ready. Wear something cute and elegant, the paparazzi will be attending your press conference.

Serena looks at her mother in confusion.

SERENA

Press conference... What press conference? I thought I'm just going to perform at the celebration party.

MOM

Yes and you still are. But before that, I arranged a press conference an hour before the party starts. So, while you are showering or getting dressed, make sure you think about what you are going to say to them about your new album that is going to be released next month.

SERENA

(Grunts) Fine; whatever. (Getting off her bed)

MOM

Don't you grunt at me, and hurry up. (Yells from the outside of Serena's room) FORTY-FIVE MINUTES!

Serena picks out a cute red strapless dress with ruffles for a skirt and a black leather jacket and walks into the bathroom and gets herself ready. After nearly an hour, she walks downstairs to the dining room and eats her breakfast that her mom had prepared for her.

EXT